Tuesday, January 10, 2006

A Note on Wizard Wisdom-Part III

Over the last week, Touchdown has been fascinated with another imaginary cohort. As if she doesn't have enough grandparents, she has adopted another set of them. Yes, that's right. The Wizard has to compete against the fictitious and utterly imaginary Grandpa Nut. She wants to go to Grandpa Nut's home and likes him much better than the other Grandpas. I don't know if the Wizard's treatise addresses the imaginary grandparents issue, but today I present numbers 7 through 9.

7. I Believe...

I should teach, demonstrate, and practice the principle of service. I should plan often to participate with my family in selfless acts of kindness.

8. I Believe...

In holding my children accountable for their behavior. I feel that opposition, trials, and set backs are fundamental to our growth. I will teach my children how to overcome them, repent if necessary, and be responsible for them. In allowing my children to overcome their mistakes, I will provide opportunities for my children to try over and over again.

9. I Believe...

I need to teach my children the proper value money plays in our lives. Money can provide for the necessities of life. The real value of money is to enable us to further the learning of correct principles and to provide emergency relief to the truly needy.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Stern said...

My oldest does a really good job of handling her money. Middle child does pretty good. Youngest is horriable. He seems to spend it the minute he gets it. I taught all of them the same way and still go three different spenders.

Touchdown sure does have an imagination. Maybe she thinks that they will spoil her more.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

oh dear, imaginary grandparents?????

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I am learning so much from you. I just hope it's not too late.

5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home