Saturday, December 24, 2005

A Note for the Season

Alas, it is Christmas Eve and the children are now so hyped up on hot chocolate, sugar cookies, and Christmas caramels that visions of sugar plums are doing a jig in the family room. I just wanted to take a moment today and express a few of my feelings about the holiday season and wish all of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I am a very lucky man in so many ways. I have the love and affection of a beautiful wife and three spectacular children. I have the support and love of parents, brothers, sisters, in-laws, friends and neighbors. I live in the relative comfort of the best country in the world. I have the opportunity to express my views unharrassed in a forum like this on a daily basis. For these things, I wish to express my thanks to my Heavenly Father.

I also want to express my humble testimony of the influence of Jesus Christ in my life. He is my brother and my friend. I am so privileged to know of his redeeming sacrifice and how it influences my life. I testify that He lives and loves us and that through his atoning sacrifice, we might return to a heavenly abode.

At this time of the year, I wish to extend my warmest holiday greeting to all of the inhabitants here in WilkeWorld. However you celebrate this holiday season, I hope it will be with a happy heart and a charitable demeanor.

10 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Dear Queen, Here is the recipe for the funeral potatoes.

1 24 oz. bag frozen shredded (not diced) hash brown potatoes, thawed
2 cans – cream of chicken soup
2 cups – sour cream*
1 cup – grated cheddar cheese*
2 cups – plus 2 Tbl.. Melted butter*
1/3 cup – chopped onion
2 cups – crushed corn flakes

Combine 2 Tbl. Melted butter and conflakes. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Blend well. Pour potato mixture in a large oblong pan. (I just use a 9 x 13” pan.) Sprinkle crushed cornflake mixture on top and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve hot.
*Do not use low-fat versions of these ingredients. Low-fat sour cream and cheddar will not melt, and margarine has water in it.
This recipe has been called: Funeral Potatoes because it was used many times for the receptions after funerals.

Merry Christmas to you and the whole wilkeworld Family...From the Stern Family

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear King, Your heart felt message was received by this repentant Wizard. I compliment you for the Christmas message of this blog. It makes me review my own commitment to life and its value and what is of most worth. If I have offended you by the smart bantering in you blogs, I ask for forgiveness. I pledge to be more loving and compassionate next year. Lest you think I am getting soft, the bet is still on....Dad

7:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family. Thank you for the great Chritmas message and reminder! There is something so special about sharing our testimony with others. I appriciate yours.

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless you and yours. Merry Christmas (a day late).

2:01 AM  
Blogger Hot Mom said...

Lucy, thank you for the recipe, yours is much closer to the one I lost than any I could find in a recipe book, and it just wouldn't be Christams Eve without Funeral potatoes.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. A great time was had by all at the castle. Princess Touchdown is currently sporting some new dress up clothes, and baby Indy is playing with million trucks and balls he received (some family memebers wre worried he didn't have enough BOY toys). As for the King and Queen the Wizards heard our plea and showered us with things for the garage. Stay tuned for updates on the great garage organization of 2006.

7:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was wonderful and brought great feeling to me. Thank you and I wish you all the best.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

What a nice little Christmas present you left me at the www.thebestofblogs.com!

Thank you so much, K. Getting nominated by you is a huge prize in and of itself!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

Ah Tom, Babel fish has a really great Welsh translator .... and until you get there "Nadolig Llawen Iawn a pob yn Wilkeworld!!"

:o)

10:12 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Merry Christmas to you & your family Tom!

It sounds like Indy & my son are both buried in small vehicles!

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated Christmas greetings, and best wishes for a very happy New Year for you and yours. :)

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home