Monday, January 09, 2006

A Note on Wizard Wisdom-Part II

As promised I hope to continue posting the axioms that were written down back in 1998 by the Wizard. Today I present four through six...

4. I believe...

My love for my children is eternal. I must be cautious not to let this love excuse their behavior, or deny them valuable lessons they need to learn to become responsible people.

5. I believe...

The law of the harvest has practical implication for me. I will till, I will remove the weeds, and I will prepare a garden spot for the rearing of my children. I will use correct principles in planting the ideas, values, and concepts I feel my children need to know. I will water and nurture those seeds so that they will grow and flourish with the proper "Light from the Son."

6. I believe...

The Lord instructed Adam and Eve to leave the Garden of Eden. They were told to earn their keep by the sweat of their brow. This was not a punishment, but it was an introduction to the principle of work. All too often I buy things for or give things to my children and I think I am being a good parent. I need to see that I continually provide opportunities for my children to learn the principle of work (by the sweat of their brow). By doing so I will teach them to be responsible, I will build their confidence in their ability to do things in a constructive way, and I will instill in them an appreciation for the value of work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Like I said, I knew the Wizard was smart. Did all his principals work on the kids?

9:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucy, I was not going to blog about these 12 principles, but you ask a very good question. Needless to say, I wrote these after all of my children were raised. Some of the principles I did in fact use with my children and as you may know I am so pleased with them and the attributes they have and some of that is a direct result of correct principles that We shared with them. Others I felt that I learned after having been a parent and wanted to give someone the benefit of what I would have changed. I wished that I had tried to see what was in their heart more. I would have avoided alot of error of judgement. I wish I had participated in making my home a wonderful place to be more often. My wife did a nice job and I took all of that for granted. I know that many of you have used similar principles with your families and I would be happy to add them to my list.

7:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home