Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A List of Excess

The holiday season is now almost over and I want to give the citizens of WilkeWorld a running tally of the gifts received and the holiday excesses experienced here at the castle. I remind all of you that we did, in fact, have a wonderful Christmas full of holiday cheer and love, but the Wife gets a little out of control when it comes to gift giving and decorating, hence this list.

1. Little Touchdown received three dolls total if you don't count the paper dolls and the doll clothing.
2. Baby Indy tallied four balls, three trucks (all of which make obnoxious noises) and a gaggle of other brightly colored rings and hoops and things to chew on.
3. The King will be forced to organize the garage (part of the Wife's master plan, I'm sure) because we recieved two organizers and a ceiling storage bin.
4. The Wife likes me fat. I got pistachios and Doritos in my stocking and the island in our kitchen is still brimming with chocolates, cookies, and dipped delicacies galore.
5. The teenager gets less quantity and a lot more quality nowadays. The wife always feels bad when she looks at the pile and sees just a couple of very expensive items. "It doesn't look like she has that much," she always says just before she makes another trip to Target or Walmart.
6. In the holiday spirit, the Wife and I threw a game of Canasta to the Wizard and his dear wife only to reclaim the championship the following day.
7. Watching TV on Christmas Day is quite lame.
8. March of the Penguins was a phenomenal film. So was Elf. We watched them all.
9. Baby Indy liked the wrapping paper better than his actual gifts. Whew! Now I know he is normal.
10. Getting all three children to church at 8:00 a.m. on Christmas morning is quite a chore, but we accomplished the feat admirably. We rock.

I hope all of you enjoyed the holidays and are looking forward to the new year.

6 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

The ceiling organizers sound intriguing! Do they make a living room model for all the toys?

We watched March of the Penguins too. Amazing! The natural wonders of our world never cease to amaze!

Sounds like a wonderful time at the castle!! Party on, King!

7:02 AM  
Blogger Hot Mom said...

As usual the Wife must correct the King.

Touchdown and Indy received the mjority of their dolls/trucks & balls from friends, and grandparents and anuts & uncles how can I control that???? The teenagers pile did look small. Don't tell the King, but I am getting her one more thing. I know Christmas is over, but this is more of a back to school gift.

As for the King's passion for pistachios, I was not going down that road this year with his new found passion for exercising, until I caught him going through the sacks in the closet with a pout because he coldn't find them. I caved, what can I say.

He right on one count...Let the organizing begin!!! Of course I can't really be blamed for that one either, those all came from parents and sisters :)

All in all we had a wonderful Christmas and we are looking forward to a great New Year.

8:02 AM  
Blogger John Cowart said...

Church? At 8 a.m. on Christmas morning? That's sacriligious!

Those of us who are truly dedicated slept in... At least, I did.

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had church at 9..made the kids wait until we got home to do gifts, but they did very well. I'm looking forward to the new year and church at 11! Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas.

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I here you on the #4 only it is my mom who put the goodies in our house. She got me a 2lb bag of peanut M&M's...2 pound! in my stocking.... they are half gone :(

3:52 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

It sounds like the kids are happy with their "haul" no matter who gave it to them.

I wish I could just get my husband to put some shelves up in our garage, so I could orgazine. I'm with the Queen, Let's get orgazined dear King.

Our ward mets at 10:30am. so it wasn't hard to get there on time. My oldest daughter went with us for a simple service with lots of Christmas hymns. The family part started at 1:00pm. It was a good day.

King, Can we start the diet now after New Years day? If you and the Wizzard will start over, I will join you.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home