Thursday, December 15, 2005

A Note on the Stationary Bike

Fine!

The Wizard has called me out on the rental of the stationary bike and I feel like I have to respond to his accusations.

Yes, the Wife and I rented (and I repeat, rented) a stationary bike for one month at a cost of $25. The idea was to see if we would really use it or whether it would become a clothes hamper of sorts. As of right now, we are liking it. I am on a 5-mile a day regimen to begin with and I have done it for four days in a row now, so the chances are that we will keep the bike and pay the $250, but it doesn't hurt to rent it for awhile just to check it out.

I think I really know what you are doing Wizard. You are trying to get me out of my game. Well, it worked with golf, but I will defeat you this time.

Oh, BTW, Touchdown is sporting a swimming suit and some pretty attractive cowboy boots as her ensemble today. Pretty darn cute if you ask me.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like the King is getting serious, I will personally keep tract of his commitment and report periodically. King, just a side bet between us....If I win, I get tickets to college march madness at one of the closer venue, If you win, I will tend the kids for a weekend in Vegas......

1:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was thinking of buying one also. I am afraid that it will end up like the treadmil.... dusty! So so far no can do. Wish I could rent one. How did you go about finding one for rent???

4:22 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Since we haven't received many suggestions on the "prize" I suppose we will go with your "side" bet and BSTS's slave idea. I'm sure there is some snow or leaves that need shoveling. Grandpa and K, you set the time limit and let us know...

As a matter of note, my stationary bike is taking up room in the office and I am ready to get rid of it. I do better with my own two legs...Good luck to you both.

8:53 PM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

Tell me does the bike go faster if you put a box under the back? Or is free-wheeling down the hills not allowed?

10:54 PM  
Blogger John Cowart said...

Maybe for Christmas, Santa will bring you a motor for that stationary bike.

4:48 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

You're smart to rent first!!

That Touchdown -- what a cutie!

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The only reason the King rented was not to see if the bike was a good one, it was because he was debating whether he could commit to the program and stay with it. I agree if it was to see if the bike was what he wanted. I do not agree, if he was hesitating in losing weight. I am shocked that he has stayed with it for a week, I may be in deep trouble.......

9:04 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Can I get in on this too? And if I win, will the Wizard watch my kid while I tend to a weekend in Vegas?????

4:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indigo, that would be a yes, on both accounts......

11:26 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Woohoo! :-)

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home