Wednesday, June 01, 2005

A Note on WilkeWorld (The 100th Post)

Wow, I have written 100 posts. For me, this is quite an accomplishment. After all, I am not really one for commitment. So....in honor of this milestone, I have determined that I will do a quick history of WilkeWorld (my wife just informed me that "history" is a strong word since its been just 3 months). Anyway, I hope you enjoy this trip through WilkeWorld and I hope you'll stick with me through another 100 posts. Onward......

Why WilkeWorld? A number of years ago, my brother signed me up for an online fantasy baseball league and didn't know what kind of username he ought to use for me. Well, he knew my favorite author was Wilkie Collins, a 19th century contemporary of Charles Dickens. Unfortunately, he spelled Wilkie wrong and I've been Wilke ever since. So the monicker for this site is really misspelled. BTW---If you look through the early comments you can find out my real name, which in and of itself is quite comical in light of this blog. Dad, don't give it away.

Favorite Post: Probably this one about living with women. The constant fodder for this blog are the wonderful women that inhabit my world and I honored them with this post. Well, kinda.

Worst Post: This one. I have read many posts like this one and I just think they are all so mundane and thoughtless. I was embarrassed to post this one, but I left it to remind me not to write a post just to write a post.

Most Prolific Commenters:

Grandpa Jones with 39 comments
Travis with 28 comments
Indigo with 18 comments
Anita with 10 comments
Faye with 8 comments

Most Commented Upon Post: A Note on Sterility, Thanks to Michele this note reached, for me, a whopping 15 comments. By the way, for those of you looking to get some quality comments and feedback for your blog, Michele's Meet and Greet on the weekends is tremendously fun and rewarding.

Most Commented Upon Post without Michele's Help: A Note on Blog Vanity. Leave it to you guys to write about yourselves. This was actually quite a fun post to write and the comments are well written and entertaining to boot.

Best Comment: John Cowart's wonderful recollection of his kid's imaginary friend in this post.

Some Stats from WilkeWorld:

100 Posts
87 Notes
8 Lists
3 Reports
2 Quick Notes

3729 Visitors
5876 Pages Viewed

Strangest Google Search to Lead to WilkeWorld: "methodists are stupid" (I believe this post brought them here.

My Blogroll and a Note to the Citizens: I want to point to two other blogs, other than the ones that were listed and linked above, that I read with some frequency. SilverWoods and Wendopolis were both added to my blogroll because both Wendy and SilverBoh are kindred spirits in a sense and I value their unique insight and their candor. Wendy posts nearly every day and always has a great time with her kids while SilverBoh doesn't post enough for his mother but just enough for me to keep tabs. Thanks guys for your support and encouragement.

To all of the citizens of WilkeWorld, thank you for making it so fun. I really believe that WilkeWorld is a place that people can come to and enjoy a laugh or two and feel comfortable. The fun of this blog is in reading the comments and adding to them with your own valuable insight. I hope you will all continue to do so. I promise to blogroll many more of you in the future as I am a little lax doing that now. So give me a holler and enjoy your visit.

The Next 100 Posts--A Preview
I will be introducing a couple of new features to the blog in the future. I am thinking of doing away with my "Reports" and introducing a post called a "Memory". I will also try to figure out how to do some format changes so that the blog doesn't look so Blogger-like. Any suggestions and help would be appreciated.

Lastly, I will hopefully keep Grandpa Jones around for a few more posts. I might even convince my brother-in-law in LA to get off his duff and quit lurking and join the fun. Just sign up for an account so you can comment, Roberto. Thanks everybody.

23 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't deserve to be the second largest commenter. Because half of my comments are corrections of misspellings in previous comments or inappropriate arguments with Grandpa Jones about the personal nature of conservative actors. So, I only earned about 14 comments. Thus making me number 3.

BTW, congratulations on post 100. I have been blogging for 5 months and I am only at 60. Now, I need to go find out your real name.

9:17 PM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

Great post Mr Jones - here's to the next 100!! *wanders off singing the green, green grass of home*

:o)

10:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 100th!

I'm proud to be a citizen of WilkeWorld even though you don't understand women.

2:29 AM  
Blogger Fei said...

Hahah. Now I'm just going to have to post multiple comments per blog to catch up. By the time you reach a 150 posts, I just might move up one notch.

I'm gonna have to keep working on those spelling erors.

3:01 AM  
Blogger Fei said...

errors.

3:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When K was in high school, he was a straigth A Student, he was president of this, and president of that, he played BB, he never indulged in smoking or drinking, and we were having a discussion and I was telling him what he could do to be even better, and he looked over at me and said "Dad, when will you ever accept what I do as good enough." Lest any of you think I don't admire and respect K, you are wrong. Congrats on your 100th blog. I love your wit and humor.

3:35 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

This will be the 19th prolific comment for me .....

Congrats on the 100th! Thanks for coming to my Question of the Day, otherwise I would not have become a citizen of such a fun read over here.

I'm going to have to go back and search for your name now, because it will eat at me until I do. Here is my wild guess: Kirby.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Silverboh said...

Congrats on 100 posts, and I am so surprised that I was mentioned. Can't wait for the next 100 posts to come out!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Okay, so I was waaaaaaaaaay off with my guess of Kirby. But, you must agree that my guess is more creative.

Yep, very comical how it came out. Grandmpa Jones has definitely gotten better at his poker hand.

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is silverbohs mom again, commenting here because there's no reason to comment on his...

silvers dad and i believe that since you haunt places like Blanding and Bluff, there is a meager possibility that you are named Kumen?

we haunt those same places out of a love for the hole in the rockers. plus a guy named stan bronson who sings to my heart of posey and Avikan.

there's a reason shares your interests in the four corners of this great country...

silvers mom

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait! that should have said, "there's a reason Silver shares your interest."

11:38 AM  
Blogger Cool Dad said...

Silver's Mom,
Kumen is my great, great grandfather and one of the more interesting characters in the West in my opinion. I am not named after him, but rather his son and his grandson(kinda). For the rest of the WilkeWorlders, the Hole-in-the-Rock expedition, of which a number of my relatives were members of the party, is an unbelievable group of Early Pioneers that crossed the area that is now Lake Powell in carts and wagons.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Twist of Kate said...

Hi there, Michele sent me. Congrats on your 100th post...it's a fabulous accomplishemnt :)

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Michele Sent Me :)

11:21 PM  
Blogger Mike Davis said...

I dropped in from Michele's Meet 'n Greet.

I'll be back soon to sift through the archives.

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this idea...I'm on my 85 post or something. I've enjoyed the reading. Thanks.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Silver Boh's mother reads this blog. Stan Bronson was a class mate of mine, he is a terrific individual. We graduated at the same time, there were approximately 40 graduates. This is a small world after all. What we won't do for our children, Writing on their blogs.

10:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!
Well, children are an inheritance from the Lord, are they not?
Stan is a great guy isn't he, and it is a small, small world!
You really shoulda named him Kumen not Tom, it is a great heritage you all have!
silver's mom

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Silver Boh's mom, Tom was named Tom because it is his great grandfather on his father's side, and it is his grandfather on his mothers side. We just liked the name, I were going to name another one John Paul, but my wife said no. How may I ask do you know Stan?

4:36 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

Sorry I'm soooo late to the party, K. Happy 100th Post!!!!!

I've enjoyed the first 100. Keep up the good work ;).

And please make sure Grandpa Jones stays around too. It wouldn't be the same without him.

Anita

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A weird story. A lady on the bus one day gave my husband a tape she thought he might like to hear. It was a phone conversation between two men discussing Stan and Avikan. As we listened to the story we knew we must meet this Stan but didn't know how to contact him. Eventually we found out he was the Branch President of White Mesa and so called and asked to meet him after church one Sunday. It was a spiritual feast we have never forgotten and so we researched out the story of the Hole in the Rock Pioneers and took several trips back down there and learned to love the land and the people. Stan gave our two kids his tapes and we finally had to put them onto the computer as they were getting old and oh so worn.

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

florida home equity loan

2:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most people see a therapeutic gay sizegenetics for a way of relaxing and having fun. They you should never consider the benefits that it offers to them. Whether you happen to be into a therapeutic gay sizegenetics or an erotic male sizegenetics, having an experienced masseur stroke and caress your sizegenetics give you numerous positive health benefits. Let us at visit a little of those benefits. If you should suffer from chronic anxiety then a therapeutic gay sizegenetics and an erotic male sizegenetics will help relieve and reduce that anxiety. It will greatly lower your respiratory levels.
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/

12:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home