Tuesday, May 31, 2005

A Note on Genetics

"Oh, how cute. Baby Indy looks just like you, K."

Finally, I am getting the attention I deserve. Someone in a roundabout way is calling me cute. I think they call it the transitive property in mathmatics. If A=B and B=C then A=C. If Baby Indy is cute and I look like Baby Indy then I am cute. Somehow it just doesn't feel like they are complimenting either one of us, though.

"How cute, he gets that confused look just like you, K."
"He's got three chins just like you, K."
"He's losing his hair just like you, K."
"He's got hair on his back just like you, K."

Okay, so that last one is made up, but the compliments of Baby Indy are disturbing me now. I know he has it rough if he looks like me, cause my wife is the attractive one. Our marriage was similar to Billie Joel and Christy Brinkley so how would their kid feel if everyone said, "Hey, you look like your dad"? Exactly.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you noticed that parents try to connect the baby to their side of the family? It is better if both sides of the family, don't visit at the same time. It is funny to hear the conversation as both sides try to be nice, and identiby the strange shape of the head, the shape of the nose, and any other preculiar body part, and to which family they attribute it to. But K that is the rite of passage for a grandparent to do such a thing.

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have decided that every person has about 2 years of cuteness in them. Either they can use it all up as a baby or disperse it through out their life.

That's why I seed ugly babies. That way they can group and be cute.

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That as supposed to say "That way they can grow up and be cute." One of these days I am going to remember to read my comments twice before posting them, and NOT after I post them.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I hate it when my daughter is being difficult, and my dad walks in and says: 'She's exactly like you.' Huh? Me? No way, it's her dad that's difficult. I'm the cute one. I'll take cute anyday.

8:25 PM  
Blogger Fei said...

Once, while my sister was in school, her friends came rushing to her saying, "There's a man downstairs that looks like you!"

It was Dad.

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home