Friday, March 18, 2005

A Note on Writers Block

I don't have it today. In fact, I have quite the opposite problem. I have a plethora of good ideas but I don't have the energy or the time to commit them all to this forum. For example:

I found myself in the bookstore today trying to find a book on starting a photography business (something we have considered recently), when I came upon two books that challenged my religious beliefs. I felt a rush of adrenaline as I briefly perused them, and I felt a strong desire to defend my beliefs and write a scathing critique of them. After weighing my options, I have concluded that everyone has beliefs that they hold dear, and so do I.

Today was the penultimate day of work at my current job. I had intended to write a synopsis of my bout with short-timer's syndrome, but, in the end, I am more interested in having the ultimate day pass by.

I watched a portion of the hearings on baseball's steroid problem on Thursday and I really want to chime in with my take on Jose Canseco, Mark McGuire, and Sammy Sosa, but I think I said all I wanted in my Note on Honesty written earlier. We will never know the full truth, because we don't want to.

Lastly, I really wanted to write a report on Aztec Ruins National Monument, but, at the last second, it sounded pretty boring so I am writing this.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A little down today, I see. I don't respond to most bloggers, but I have found your entries quite fun to read. When you make your entries so personal, it is obvious when you are having a down day. More rest, less basketball, leave your job at the workplace, and more faith based activities is all that is required. Write about the Aztec's and you will feel better.

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home