Friday, June 24, 2005

A Note on Patience

Well, here in WilkeWorld we are experiencing a hangover of sorts from our big day as Site of the Day at Michele's. What fun!

To do some site cleanup, I will update the citizens on the WilkeWorld Diet. 5 lbs down. A lot more to go. I hesitated to post on my progress because a pound here or a pound there on a fat guy could just be the result of gas, and I didn't want to post my progress only to retract it. I am motivated, however, to keep on keeping on (to quote Shaleen). I told my mother that I was motivated to lose the weight for one reason. She responded, "Sex?" No, but thanks Mom for the visual. No, I'm motivated because my 20th reunion is coming up in a few years and I don't want to show up there 100 lbs more than when I graduated. My wife is still hot, but I don't want my classmates to criticize her judgment. The word of the day....patience.

More news. I got published for the second time. Yeah!!! My post on a Memory of Oxkintok will be published here in a few days. No, they don't pay anything but its good exposure and now I can say I've been published twice. That can only help in the future. Again....patience. I do have delusions of grandeur when it comes to this.

Lastly, the stepdaughter has been gone to see her dad for the last several weeks and is scheduled to return the first week of July. We love her so much its hard to be without her for so long. We can't wait for you to get home, Sissy. Patience......

5 Comments:

Blogger Shaleen said...

I've been quoted!! That to me is almost like being published is to you! Really!! And thanks for the comment you left me. I'll let you know what happens. : )

8:36 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Congrats on being the site of the day! I had to do a doubletake on my calender yesterday, when I saw quite a lot of "michele sent me" for comments.

Ah yes, patience. This is something I struggle with all the time. Why can't everyone anticipate my needs, and do what I want prior to me wanting it? That would solve a lot, don't cha think?

Congrats on being published!

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting published and having a hot wife!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Keep up the good work on your "diet". When I started walking along with dieting the pounds started to fall off more quickly. Start with a walk around the block and then graduate up to 2 miles a day 3 to 5 days a week. Also check out www.oxycise.com What a difference it has made for me. Congrads on the publishing.
Hey, how come Grandpa Jones didn't do the meme? Come on Grandpa!

1:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so puzzled, I am trying to figure out this blog life. K the two most read and replied entries you have had is 1. your child throwing up on you and 2. You hitting a young lady in the face with an elbow. If I didn't know better it would seem that these entries would make a good scene in an Signfield episode. No wonder that show has had such a ride in popularity. We all must like the morbid and strange happenings in our life and others as well. Lucy I must of missed it, I don't even know what Meme means...........Miss the granddaughter a bunch........

4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home