Sunday, June 19, 2005

A Quick Note on Father's Day

A golf bag. Yep, that is exactly what I asked for. That drove me nuts for the last two weeks. What makes it worse is that Grandpa Jones knew before I did. The wife spilled the beans.

Speaking of Grandpa Jones, he is claiming victory at Canasta this evening cause he won the last game. This is typical of Jones Family game theory. Any scenario in which we end up being the winner is deemed to be the most accurate scenario. The official score: 2-1 Good Guys.

And finally....I want to thank all of the good fathers out there. You are a wonder and a special strength to your children. Keep up the good work. Be good men.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Know what they call a man who hangs around dark parking lots late at night?

A good father!

This was told me by Jacksonville Mayor Ed Austin as we stood in a dark parking lot for hours waiting for our kids' late bus to get in from a school weekend field trip.

3:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I have read comments on your blog and others, I want to make an observation. I believe in the old fashion idea of Family!!!! I believe in marriage, I believe there is a need for a Father, I believe in a Mother, I believe that a child needs to be benificary of what each one of his/her parents adds to the family. I think the biggest tradgedy in this world is for a child not to have the benefit of a good loving father, and a good loving mother. There are elements in our society, that would have us believe you don't need that. I say bunk to that idea. Granted things happen when that is not possible, however the quest should always be to provide that for our children. I have a loving wife, and we have had a terrific life together with our 5 children, and our 14 grandchildren. I have made mistakes, but I have always operated from the premise that I loved them, and I would walk with them where ever their choices would take them. I am pleased with the life they live and the choices they make.............and life goes on..........

5:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got what you wanted for Father's Day! I also love Grandpa Jone's comment on fathers...it's right on!
Happy Father's Day!

5:47 AM  
Blogger Ezequiel Mesquita said...

I enjoy reading your thoughts, sometimes funny, sometimes deep, always human and meaningful. Thanks for your visits and kind comments on my photoblog.

6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home