Saturday, June 18, 2005

A Memory of My Father

Thanks Dad for everything you do.

Thanks for being the baseball coach for our Minico Auto Parts team that lost every game.
Thanks for wrestling with all of us and letting us pin you every so often.
Thanks for taking me to Father and Son outings.
Thanks for climbing to the top of the hill with us at Harrisburg.
Thanks for taking us to the Oasis for Oasis burgers.
Thanks for letting us sit shotgun.
Thanks for being there after every date.
Thanks for encouraging me to smoke a pack of cigarettes so I'd hate them. (BTW-I never did it)
Thanks for teaching me to box out and dribble with my left hand.
Thanks for teasing my girlfriends (He once said my girlfriend was a lot cuter than I said if she'd just get her teeth fixed).
Thanks for letting me drive the AMC Gremlin.
Thanks for letting us try to stay up all night long on New Years Eve.
Thanks for reading my blog.
Thanks for taking my kids to McDonalds.
Thanks for holding Mom's hand.
Thanks for telling me you loved me.
Thanks for being a wonderful example.

Thanks for being my hero.
Happy Father's Day.

12 Comments:

Blogger Paul Nichols said...

Great poem to your dad. Apparently a great dad. Blessings. Here from Michele's.

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about the time I coached you and we didn't lose a game......I need it for my ego......I am so pleased with my family....thanks for the note Tom, It means alot to an old man, who wonders what he has accomplished in his life....You are a terrific person, I love to take potshots at your blog entries, but it is all in good fun......by the way I know what your wife got you for fathers day, if you get up early it is in a black bag in the garage.....ha-ha

9:31 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

OK Grandpa Jones, That's not fair,telling him where his present is. Aren't you glad you have such a wonderful son. Parenting is a hard job but it is so worth it. I had a great dad too. I feel so blessed and I miss him more than you can know.

9:40 PM  
Blogger -E said...

That's nice of you to post those nice things. Hope you have a good Sunday.

Michele sent me.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

What a wonderful post and tribute to what sounds like a wondeful man.

12:53 AM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

That's really lovely! - Happy Father's day to you both!

6:24 AM  
Blogger Angie said...

What a great thing to write about your father! :) I might have to use your idea sometime. A list of thank yous like that. (that is, if you don't mind...and if I give you proper credit, of course.) :)
Happy Father's Day and thanks for stopping by my blog this weekend.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

What a great blog about your dad. Grandpa Jones should be proud. :-) I kinda like Grandpa Jones myself....

8:18 AM  
Blogger steve said...

randomly hit your site...

Great post, my friend... great post

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

4:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really excited! This will be my first time visiting, good stuff. Very useful. Enjoyed the visit!
- wilkeworld.blogspot.com s
07 car civic honda
buy used car
car undefined used
used car bergen
used car oakland
used car greensboro
used car raleigh
used car killeen
used car vallejo
used car tacoma

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home