Monday, June 20, 2005

A Note on Sea Cows

The citizens have spoken. Sea Cows it is. We are officially adopting the Sea Cow as the WilkeWorld mascot. The WilkeWorld Sea Cows. It has a nice ring to it.

My wife is now turning her nose up in disgust. Her claim is that the blog revolves around her, and, by adopting the sea cow, we are latently calling her a sea cow. Honey, that is so wrong. You can't swim very good at all. Apples and oranges.

In honor of this occasion I will be posting a link in my blogroll and here to a great organization begun by Jimmy Buffett that actually fights for the manatees and dugongs around the world, but especially in Florida. Any profits incurred by this blog will go to the actual adoption of a manatee. I think it costs $35, so it might be awhile, but I think it is well worth it. Any real good we can accomplish here in the blogosphere would be tremendous.

Congratulations go out to John Cowart for his outstanding suggestion. I am preparing my review of his blog that will be forthcoming.

Go Sea Cows! Go!

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh man....i'll do a sea cow design for you *free* if you adopt one and we all can name it.

1:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still like dopplegangers. By I can go for the Sea Cow. Even though it is a little liberal, I have often been a fan of the Manatee.

Might I suggest Collin the Sea Cow as a name. I don't believe I need to explain the origin of the name.

2:16 PM  
Blogger Cool Dad said...

Collin is a great name for our Sea Cow, but I'd probably have to offer everything up for a vote if I'm going to get a sea cow design out of it (Thanks Tamara). I'll start working on the adoption.

2:35 PM  
Blogger Cool Dad said...

Maybe Doppelganger the Sea Cow????

2:36 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

They should put a sea cow level in the TTLB Ecosystem just for you...do you want me to suggest it him?

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sir,

I am truly honored that you and your readers chose my suggestion of the mighty manatee as your mascot.

Please asure your wife tnat no one at all anywhere would compare her with a sea cow... In fact, those sailors who mistook manatees for mermaids must have been at sea waaaaay too long!

Thank you for a fun run here.

I must say that Doppelganger the Sea Cow does have a nice ring to it.

6:14 PM  
Blogger Hot Mom said...

It is time for the wife to speak. Let's just say his days at WilkeWorld may be limited. After all everyone knows that behind every man who thinks he is in control is a woman. Besides he doesn't have an allen wrench. They are just as handy for locking out annoying husbands as they are for locking out two year olds. I can have the office sealed up tighter than Rikers in a matter of seconds. Watch your step K. I see a lot of lawn mowing and weed pulling in your immediate future.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Are there going to be team colors? And will there be a homecoming dance?

8:52 PM  
Blogger Fei said...

Gimme an S!
Gimme an E!
... etc. etc.

Yay Sea Cows! Looking forward to your store here are WilkeWorld. I'll put merchandise on my next wishlist.

3:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

eureka,eureka, As I was doing my daily crossword puzzle, one of the clues was Manatee, and the answer was Sea Cow. Go figure, you do get wisdom here at WilkeWorld......

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Wife,

Wow, that was great. I think we should forget about pressure for Grandpa Jones to get a blog and invite you to get one. It would cause WilkeWorld to wilt.

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home