Friday, April 22, 2005

A Note on Baby Indy

The Eagle Has Landed!!!
I Repeat...The Eagle Has Landed!!!

The newest addition to WilkeWorld arrived today at 1:30 p.m. MST weighing in at a modest 7 lbs. 9 oz. He will be known here in WilkeWorld as Baby Indy, and what a baby he is. This is one of those times when it is perfectly okay to be a proud papa, and I am.

I take random pot shots at my wife occasionally here at WilkeWorld, but I have to say both she and Baby Indy are superstars. They both did great and, although they are both exhausted, it looks like they will be home quickly.

Before I leave to go back to my job of filling the big cup of ice and insuring the baby they bring to us every two hours is ours, I want to make a few observations.

The Doritos in the vending machine on the 3rd floor are cheaper than the Doritos in the vending machine in the basement by 5 cents. That's 5 penny-candies. I got robbed.

When the attending nurse apologizes for being stupid at least five times, its hard to entrust your newborn to her. "Oops, I'm sorry. I lost the chart." "Golly gee, I forgot to ask you if you're experiencing any pain." "I better be careful when I trim that umbilical cord."

Husbands don't really do a lot during labor. Good thing the Golf Channel had something good on.

I would have to agree that the epidural is the best $1500 we have spent since the last kid.

Grandpa Jones must like us cause he skipped a horseracing meeting to watch our kids.

Welcome to WilkeWorld, Baby Indy. You are a fine addition.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, let me say "Congratulations, and God bless you."

Now, tell me if these two people are related?

MVP Award at Basketball Tournament Won by Grandpa Jones while on his Honeymoon.

Husbands don't really do a lot during labor. Good thing the Golf Channel had something good on.

I would guess they are.

1:57 AM  
Blogger Anji said...

Congratulations to you all!

6:56 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

Congratulaions on your new arrival!! How exciting!! I just emailed your dad to tell him that I must get over here and check to see if your wife had given birth yet.

And here I am.

And she has.

It sounds like everyone is flourishing!!

ps. My husband loves that darned Golf Channel too. In all of our years of marriage, he never watched sports and suddenly he has become addicted to watching golf. Which frankly I don't understand in the least. What is so much fun about watching a bunch of guys hitting little balls into little cups. Then again, my husband has to put up with me watching figure skating so I guess it is fair . . .

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am tardy in writing a comment about baby Indy. Someone had to tend the other children. I am astounded at the miracle of birth. The first thing I always do is count the fingers, toes, eyes and other vital body parts. I am not one that thinks new born babies are cute. Now a new born colt is cute, but babies are not cute. But you give them 1 week and they are really cute. I will tell you of my first childs birth, I will not tell you his name but we will call him K. Jones (Alias). When We had our first child the father had to wait outside, They wheeled this crib out to me, and said it's a boy, I looked down and there was little cone head, something from outer space and I thought to myself, God has gotten even with me for all my sins, I drove home that day trying to come up with a way to explain my son to my friends. I went back the evening and went to the window looking for my cone head baby, and I couldn't find him, I had serious mixed feeling, I thought maybe they lost him,and maybe something happened to him. Right in front of me was this little, good looking baby and it had Baby Jones on the card. I thought this couldn't be, but sure enough, this was my son, I was overjoyed and ran throughout the hospital yelling I would never sin again, the Lord had blessed me. I have since learned that the birthing experience is tramatic on many babies and they return to normal in just a few days. I want you to know that I would have been just as happy with my coneheaded baby as well. Baby Indy is a lucky young man to be born into this home.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home