Monday, April 18, 2005

A Note on Burned Popcorn

Apparently, much to my surprise, our microwave has a "popcorn" setting. No, I was not aware of that when I placed the microwaveable popcorn sleeve in said microwave. I promptly read the popping instructions which indicated that a microwaving time between 2 and 5 minutes is usually appropriate. I, of course, like any good wannabe bachelor, split the difference and selected 3 minutes. Not too long and not too short. Just right.

Not quite.

It is the day after now and my wife is still just stewing over the fact that I didn't know about the "popcorn" button. "Its right there on the dial. Popcorn. Just press the 'popcorn' button."

So, following the smoke inhalation, we let my parents win at Canasta. A hollow victory for the old goats, but I'm sure they will comment here about their skill level and shrewd cardplaying.

Lastly, we are in the calm before the storm. Still no little one and a relatively peaceful night's sleep for the Mrs. To hurry things up, we are going the Mexican food route for lunch. If he won't leave on his own we will have to light a little fire in there. Wish us good luck.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am really disappointed in your blog, I would think, in a spirit of fairness, your mother and I deserve to have more of a post about our domination in canasta last night than "we let them win". I am sure that your mother reared you better than that. Your mother was so hot (cards that is) last night. She was not going to be denied. I was along for the ride and what a ride it was. Scoring 5000 in three hands not bad for the geritol gang. I think the problem with the burnt popcorn was lack of attention, just as your canasta playing. We were in your face all night long. I hope things go well with the child birth.

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I am going to get to the point where I will need a regular canasta update. I love hearing from Mr. Jones and his humble way of putting you in your place.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Anita said...

Grandpa Jones really MUST start his own blog. Or at least could he please come over and leave some provocative comments at mine . . .he's hysterical.

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home