Thursday, April 14, 2005

A Note on Contractions

Okay, folks...we are down to the nitty-gritty. The Mrs. is experiencing contractions and an awful lot of pressure. No, we haven't gone to the hospital and, no, her water has not broken yet, but she curses under her breath a lot, so I think we are close.

My bet is for sometime Saturday or Sunday, but I get dirty looks when I say that so I don't know what to hope for. For those women who read my blog, forgive my obvious naivete and answer me this question. When should I start really paying attention? She is having nightly contractions and, boy, am I attentive and helpful, but there's not really much I can do. Its a little like the boy who called wolf. I mean I know the wolf will eventually show up, but should I jump every time?

I am just concerned that I won't respond correctly when the time really arrives, and my wife will punch my lights out. My Grandpa Kay used to say that when the water breaks the calf's not far behind. Is that it? Much help is needed.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stay attentative and at the ready to fulfill any of her wishes at any given time.
When it's time she'll know and you'll know cuz she'll tell you.
Generaly when the contractions are 5min or less apart, it's time! But I'm sure you already know that.
Good luck!
I look forward to your post birth update.

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A woman that is preparing to have a baby is much like trying to hold a porcupine in your hands. The slightest move on your part will immediately bring a sting to your hand. Good luck as you try to balance the porcupine in your hands and good luck with the birth of your child.

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A lot of bad habits in marriage can be learned in labor. Your wife will like all of the attention, and when this is over she will want you to dote on her all the time. Not a bad idea, I have learned you have two choices when dealing with your wife. You can be correct, or you can be happy, it is your choice. I gave in along time ago.

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home