Monday, October 16, 2006

A Note on Innovation

I am now a cell phone owner. Much to my dismay, the Wife has purchased a cell phone so that I can remain in touch no matter where I am in the world. She almost bought me a pink cell phone but I lucked out and I was able to get a blue one (the last one at RadioShack).

Oh, and I almost forgot to tell everyone that the Teenager now has a learning permit to drive. The entire neighborhood is in a state of alert. Yesterday, we let her drive the van home from Dutchman's Market and she did well until she tried a left hand turn. Apparently she doesn't really have a good feel for how fast a car should be travelling when the turn is executed. 35 mph is a bit quick. We made the turn but little Touchdown exclaimed, "That was a little scary!" I agreed with the assessment.

Our life's are quickly spiralling out of control. The minivan on two wheels is not a pretty scene.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I think you need to do a little more practicing in an isolated area. Glad everyone is OK.

So now you have a cell phone. Be careful, before long the teenager will want one. Good luck

9:19 AM  
Blogger Hot Mom said...

Too late Lucy. The Teenager came home from Houston this summer, after visiting her Dad, with a cell phone. I guess I can at least be glad I am not paying the text messaging bill.

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your car gone, a cellphone ... what's next?

Jo

8:37 AM  
Blogger Hot Mom said...

Don't feel bad Bishopmom. He doesn't know the number, and we are still working on the concept of, you own a cell phone, you should take it with you.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teenagers driving = scary.
Congrats on joining the cell phone majority. Mine actually IS pink.

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally understand. My oldest is on a permit also.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home