Monday, September 25, 2006

A Note on My Absence

Well, to say the least, this week has been so incredibly busy. I am involved in an archaeological inventory (survey) on the Arizona Strip about 35 miles south of Fredonia near the Grand Canyon and that involves about 5 hours a day of driving and I have been getting back exceptionally late and leaving very early. Sooo......my blogging has taken a hit.

With that in mind, I have a few fun tidbits of info for those of you who still look in on occasion. The Teenager is now fully boy crazy and is getting in to the high school football games (she likes to cheer on the boys). This past week, her high school team (the undefeated Snow Canyon Warriors) was playing an away game that was broadcast on the local AM radio station. She was desperate to listen to the game with her friends but, alas, couldn't figure out how to turn the radio in the minivan to AM. I should mention that her girlfriends couldn't either. She can program a super-complicated I-pod, but flipping the band to an AM station perplexes her. I just thought it amusing.

Touchdown and Lil Indy are like a demolition team. They are currently planning their next bombing run.

The Wife is currently planning Christmas shopping excursions across the valley and I am starting to get cold sweats.

As for the King, I am just happy about my recent finds. I discovered an Olivella shell bead on one of the sites we were surveying and am now the big hero at my company. The Wife and the Teenager were not all that impressed. How about you, Wizard?

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

King, you will have dreams someday as to what your son will grow up to be. You will envision, a doctor, a lawyer, a scientist, someone that will find the cure for AIDs, a famous author, a respected politician, oh you will have those dreams. But it is awfully difficult to get excited to have your son, out in the desert looking for antiquities and then you realize that the law reads that an item qualifies for inclusion into the antiquity law if it 50 years old. You may well find some of my 22 shells that I fired when I was young. You may come upon a camp site that me and the other boy scouts made when we were passing our merit badges. I really hope you find the 10 lost tribes and then I will be pleased. Love Ya......

10:05 PM  
Blogger John Cowart said...

I hope you post photos of some of your archaeological trips and finds.

Re: AM radio -- When I took my daughter to visit an elderly friend she needed to make a phone call. Although she teaches computer classes, she came to me perplexed: the old person still used a rotary dial telephone and my daughter could not figure out how to work it! She'd never seen one before.

3:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice blog.
Greetings from Montreal, Canada...my name is Wren.
I have a discussion forum here...
http://z6.invisionfree.com/denominations
You are very welcome to register and participate anytime.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Glad you are having a good time with your work. I am impressed with your find, whatever it was.

Sorry to hear that Touchdown and Indy are on to destruction. Do they wear helmets.

Good for the wife, she is spreading out her shopping dollars before Christmas gets here. I for one, shop for Christmas all year long. By the time Christmas gets here I am practically done. I think you might enjoy those thermal underware BSTS mentioned.

Post when you can, we're here.
Hi Grandpa!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Hot Mom said...

Lucy,

I tried to post on your blog, but had a problem getting in. I wanted to leave you this little thought.

*****
There is nothing wrong with a little frozen chicken broth for a good meal starter. My mother-in-law uses this method frequently. HOWEVER, I would highly reccomend a label on the container. This summer she decided to make her famous slush drink for a family get together. The frozen slush is similar in color. I don't think I need to go on. I am just glad she dished it out to the kids first.

7:19 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Congrats, King!!!

Maybe you'll find a big ol' diamond for the wife for Christmas!

1:38 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

The Wife - Yes, you definately need to label your frozen products. That slushy must have been really tasty. Thanks for the tip though.

I wonder why you had trouble getting in. Try again at:
http://www.lucysfrugalliving.blogspot.com

Enjoy Conference.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'm not sure what an olivella shell is .... but I'm very happy for you all the same.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is the best work, which I ever ve seen Everything is so harmonious, that even such aggressive critic as I would not be desirable to change anything!
- wilkeworld.blogspot.com 5
spaghetti alla carbonara

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home