Thursday, August 24, 2006

A Note on Goofy Dogs

In a shocking twist today, astronomers have declared that Pluto is no longer a planet. Pluto, of course, is tremendously disappointed in the declaration and feels its several billion years of revolution around the sun should count for something.

In a press release this morning, Pluto declared, "I am hurt and saddened by the demotion and I promise to fight this in the courts. My lawyers and I have a meeting this afternoon to decide the exact course we will take, but I suspect we will be appealing this."

Astronomy insiders have speculated for months about the demotion, but thought the cost of changing every single school textbook in the world would deter astronomers from making the demotion.

Astronomer Crazy McWhoCares stated, "Pluto has been on our nerves since the beginning with its elliptical path around the sun and its suspect atmosphere. Frankly, I don't much like it."

The news of Pluto's demotion has sparked rallies in several cities around the United States and a huge rally will be held tomorrow morning at Disneyworld where Pluto fans have promised to stage a sit-in to prevent Space Mountain from operating. Asked to comment about the outrage felt by Pluto fans and their proposed sit-in, President Bush declared, "I like that Goofy fella, but Pluto, I think he got what he deserved."

3 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I don't like space mountain at all so I say "Close it". I am grateful that I rode it at the end of the day because I go so sick I couldn't see straight.

Actually I think that once a planet, always a planet. Come on, it's just a little planet.

Grandpa, what's your take on this?

10:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have to realize that the king wrote this blog after he had been in the hot Dixie Sun for 12 hours. I really don't care if Pluto is let go. We are told that there are untold number of planets and it will be replaced. I really liked the comic strip Pluto, and I am alot like Lucy, I rode space mt. once and that was enough for me. Maybe with space mt. shut down because of the sit in, I can go to my favorite ride, the Pirates of the Carribean. King this blog was from left field, give us all a break......

3:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm back at the top of your blog roll :). I am still wondering what put me at the bottom :(. But I am back where I belong now. So, all is well with WilkeWorld. Long live the King. And that wizard fella' too (whomever he may really be?)!

3:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home