Sunday, August 20, 2006

A Note on the Piojo

So I had every intention of writing about Puerto Vallarta today but, alas, the Castle has an infestation of sorts. Both the Teenager and little Touchdown are fighting off head lice. Yeah, head lice!

I tease my wife about the cleanliness of the Castle at times, but in all honesty, the Castle is very spiffy and clean and the Wife is an excellent mother which makes the infestation that much more humiliating and perplexing. Where did they pick it up at?

And let me tell you, the little buggers are nasty and determined to ruin your day. So, today, instead of a pleasant little day of rest, the Joneses are combing through each others' hair and shampooing with lice shampoo. For awhile we looked like a Jane Goodall campsite with as much lice picking as was going on.

Please wish us good luck!

8 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Weren't the kids with the Wizard while you were on vacation? Perhaps that's where they came from .....

Good luck getting rid of the buggers!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Hot Mom said...

Thanks hon, I had kind of hoped to keep this on a need to know basis. Lucky me I have you to publish it on the WORLD WIDE WEB!

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lice is awful! I'm dreading the day my kids bring it home from school or somewhere! Hope you get rid of it all! YUCK! What a chore!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

So the reason that everyone has them is because YOU ARE ALL SO CLEAN! They don't like dirty hair, too hard to grip on to! As a teacher I've had them more thatn I'd like to remember *shudders* Yuk!

I have a trick but I wont bore you all with it if you don't want to know :o)

1:42 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

I'm hoping to NEVER deal with that problem...but with public education being the way it is (PUBLIC) it's bound to happen. ugh...

7:56 AM  
Blogger Hot Mom said...

le laquet, we are opening to learning all tricks.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

I hope not to keep up with the Joneses on this one... hope everyone's back to "normal!"

8:35 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

use vinegar or lemon juice to get the lice to come off the hair shaft. They somehow have a cement that attaches them to the hair shaft. The acid in the lemon and vinegar will do the trick. I also learned, from a school nurse, that shampoo with tea tree oil in it will make the lice disappear. They don't seem to like the smell of the tea tree oil.

My girls were in elementary school when they pick up lice from a friend at school. It was a terrible mess to get rid of. Hopefully you purchased the spray for the sofa and other places that the kids sit. Wash sheets and stuffed animals and don't forget to vaccumn really good. After that, every time the kids started scratching their heads, I would be looking at their hair for the pesky creatures.

I don't care how good of a parent you are, you can still get lice. The tip about the shampoo with the tea tree oil was my favorite, it worked wonders.

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home