Thursday, April 20, 2006

A Note on Saliva

This gem of a conversation took place today at the Burger Bar as Touchdown and I sat down for a little lunch and Touchdown spotted a little Border Collie at the table next to us.

Touchdown--"Daddy, why do dog's lick?"
The King (after a few seconds of deep thoughts)--"Um, cause they don't have opposable thumbs?"
Touchdown (after an equally long pause)--"Yep, dogs don't have poseable thumbs."
The King--"Yep."
Touchdown--"Yep."

Knowing nods of the head followed by both of us. We got it figured out.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am astounded as to the whole thought process that was used in this blog. I have no idea what just happened to touchdown. I have no idea what was being explained, I feel badly that I never explained to the King why dogs lick. I feel terrible that touchdown is going to be laughed at in pre-school classes as she tries to explain to her little friends the great wisdom she has learned from the King. The next time I tend touchdown, you can count on the fact that I will explain to her why dogs lick. Everyone knows why they lick. It is a dogs way of taking a bath. And if she want to take a bath like a dog she can lick as well. (this ought to be fun, huh wife)

3:50 AM  
Blogger Cool Dad said...

Lest everyone think I've lost it. The dog was licking a french fry off the ground, hence the opposable thumbs comment. The dog had to lick it up because it couldn't pick it up and place it in his own mouth because he didn't have opposable thumbs. I am daft but I do have my lucid moments.

8:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

King, you still don't get it. A three year old little girl has a hard time to understand what opposable means. If you don't comprehend this, I want to be around when you explain the birds and the bees to her. Too funny...

3:46 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Cute. Touchdown is destined to become a great scholar.... (no surprise, of course)

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home