Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A List of Things I Am Discovering About My Grandmother

Many of you are aware that I am currently in the process of reading all of my Grandmother's journals with a goal of finishing her life history and publishing it for Mother's Day. It is a monumental task, but I am finding that I love it. My grandmother was a phenomenal woman and I am getting to know her more and more. Here are a few tidbits.

1. She loved soup.
2. At 80 years old, she was very concerned about whether her swimsuit was "Flashy" or "Hot".
3. She ate lots of ice cream.
4. She knew every doctor in Los Angeles County and went to them at one time or another.
5. She was big on trail mix.
6. She included nearly every meal she ever ate in her journals.
7. She attended something like a million funerals and brought treats to each one.
8. Water exercises occupied a good portion of every morning.
9. She was an adept "Upwords" player.
10. She was a genealogy buff.

I am sure to discover other little tidbits as I continue, but these will suffice for now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I did not know that you were doing this, but how intriguing! However, you are making me wonder about all my journals that I have tucked away in my closet. Do I really want my grandson to publish them someday?????

7:46 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

This is really cool! I didn't know you were doing this either. Love the "flashy" or "hot" issue. That's excellent!

1:03 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Sounds to me like you have just hit the tip of the ice berg. Keep digging K....

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home