Sunday, April 09, 2006

A Note on Medical Advice

This evening the Wizard and his lovely wife visited to play a little canasta (The Queen and I were triumphant). While here the teenager cut the bottom of her foot by stepping on some scrapbooking supplies she had strewn out across the entire width of the living room floor (that's a post for another time). Well, the Teenager yelped and elicited enough sympathy from the grandparent's for Touchdown to get interested (she would hate to be upstaged by her sister). The following is a pretty accurate account of the exchange between the two.

Touchdown--"Sissy, what happened to you?"

Teenager--"I hurt my foot, Touchdown."

Touchdown--"You hurt your foot?"

Teenager--"Yeah, I hurt my foot." (she then ambles off to retrieve a band-aid)

Touchdown (as she sees her sister walking down the hall)--"You know what I do when I hurt my foot?"

Teenager--"What do you do?"

Touchdown--"I hop. I hop on the other foot. You could try that."

Now that's good sound advice. I wonder what would happen if doctor's employed that philosophy. Let me think...

6 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

That is adorable!!!!! Good advice too....

7:50 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

I like Touchdown!! She's very resourceful & helpful!!

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are raising a future Dr.! Very cute!

6:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so helpful that little one!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Sometimes little children have to best advise.

9:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed your blog and the tutorial today. It was good to see you, Tom. We are big fans of marriage, too.
Janine and Mel

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home