Monday, April 24, 2006

A Note on Opening Doors

Touchdown recently harassed the Wife to let her go to the Penny-Candy Store (aka Judd's General Store). She (Touchdown) was quite distraught to learn that the store was closed because it was too late in the day. That did not go over very well at all with our darling Touchdown so she screamed vehemently for a good 15 minutes in the minivan to the delight of everyone. Finally the Teenager had had enough.

"Touchdown, its closed. The door is locked and they won't let us in."

Touchdown thought about it for awhile before she piped up.

"I know how to get it opened. We walk up to it and say, "Abre!"

Hey, it works on Dora the Explorer.

If that theory doesn't clue you all in to the difficulty we face here in the castle on a regular basis, let me share this dandy about our dear Touchdown and the Wizard.

The Wizard came by to take Touchdown to the park and insisted on having Touchdown dressed in long pants so that the slide wouldn't burn her. Well...Touchdown didn't want to wear the long pants and she threw a royal little fit full of crying and wailing and more crying but eventually the Wizard won out and the little girl put on her long pants with the promise that the Wizard would change her into her skirt once they were done at the park.

All went well and the Wizard had a successful outing and when they were done, he forgot to dress her in her skirt.

"Grandpa, you didn't put me back in my skirt."

"Do you want me to? You know I will if you want me to."

"No, I'm okay, but I didn't want to wear my long pants."

"I know and you got really mad. Touchdown, I don't want you to burn your legs when you go to the park with me because I love you. Grandpa loves you so much. He really loves you."

"Grandpa, if you love me so much, how come you made me cry?"

They always come up with the good questions...

6 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

Ooooh! A knife to the heart.

Smart little girl.

6:29 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

KaPow!!! Little girls .... they sure know what to say.

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Eve would say the same thing about the door...she is a big Dora fan. You have a very smart cute daughter!

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a side note, while we were at the park, a little boy went down the slide and let out a big scream and went bawling to his father, the hot slide touched his back and burned it. I immediately told touchdown about it and told her that is why we wear long pants to the park. I need to let her know earlier that we are going to the park. If she has already selected her dress, It will be a knock down, drag out, brawl and I will lose as you can see. At the end of the day, she didn't want to get back into her shorts, (go figure) Some times I miss the good old days when you could smack their little butts and tell them what to do.......

4:47 PM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

Good unanswerable questions!

8:59 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Grandpa, you can still smack their little butts.

Touch down sounds like she wants to rule the roost. Children need to know that they can't always do what they want to.

Oh well!

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home