Friday, April 28, 2006

A Memory of Being First Married


Don't know why, but I wanted to talk about being married today. I know it has its ups and downs for a lot of people and I am really sensitive to that fact, but when you really love someone and think the world of them, marriage is the best thing ever.

My dear sweet wife and I are going to celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary later this summer and this week we purchased our tickets to go to Puerto Vallarta to celebrate (we were going to Puerto Rico, but the flights got too expensive all of a sudden). I am so stoked. No children. No work. No Wizard calling at 7 A.M. It is going to be so awesome.

The wife and I did the long distance thing before we got married and then we met up the day before the wedding, got married and then went on a big trip to Tahiti for the honeymoon, so these anniversary trips are a big thing for us.

So why the picture? I don't know. The wife took this picture just after we got back from the honeymoon and we were out at Antelope Island in the middle of the Great Salt Lake and I just think its a cool picture of me (not many pictures of me are very good, so I make the most of the good ones) and it reminds me of that excitement of getting married and sharing life with someone you care about.

So now that you are all bored, I'll shut up. Just thinking about my wife tonight and how lucky I am to be with her. Carry on, citizens!

12 Comments:

Blogger MsT said...

Michele sent me - congrats on the anniversary and on your most excellent choice of blog templates!

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, that is a cool picture of you. I have just recently come to a conclusion that I need to do the penaltimate in "dates" to thank my wife for all she does. Too bad the budget doesn't allow Puerto Anything. But she wouldn't care for that anyway. I will come up with something.

4:34 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

A whole week without the kids???? I need to find me some of those grandparents - STAT!

I think it's lovely how much you love your wife (even though she attempt to smother you with a pillow in your sleep, but it if you can get past that then I guess I can too). I think she's pretty nice too, especially when she agreed with me on the mascot when I suggested the Wilke World Warriors. Anyhow ... the Wizard calls you at 7 am? Every day?

5:21 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Oh, and that is a very nice picture.

5:22 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Very sweet. I really like being married too. I would love more time alone with my hubby! Your vacation sounds like a dream!! Congrats to you two.

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is a great picture. Congrats on the 5th year of marriage. Enjoy the trip!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Tamara said...

Just had a recent breakup.Seemed like it sucked the life out of me.But it's so nice to hear that there is still hope,and true love DOES still exist.
I wish I had her email addy,I'd have to sneak this sweet post to her inbox. :-} That's better than a card or gift,because you are telling the world.Cyberspace world,that is.How awesome.

4:01 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

That is a great picture! It has such good color and what it means to you is especially wonderful. Congrats on 5 years! Jake and I are coming up on a year this summer and I can't believe time has flown so fast. Hope you have a fantastic time on your trip.

4:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It has been a tough time to respond to the kings blog. I think he sabatoged my keyboard. I could not write. The king has fallen on bad times, accusing me of calling at 7:00 each morning, what a crock. His lovely wife is at work at 7:00, so when I call it is to talk with her. She makes some excuse why the king is still sleeping. I get up each morning about 4:00 A.M. I read, I do Sudoku puzzles, I do crosswords, I read scriptures, I watch ESPN, I use to watch the news, but I have lost faith in news stations, they have become so slanted. At about 7:00 I start planning my day. Since I have to do so much with the grand children, I need to know what the need is. So for all of you pity people, the king deserves all he gets. As you can tell I have had a falling out from his graces, how dare I make a suggestion to him how to talk with his teenager. I will repent and mind my own business, an when the teenager wants to run away from home, I will help her pack her bags. Ha Ha. I really do love the King and His wife. I greatly adore the grandchildren, I just want everything to be perfect.

7:59 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Ahhhh Wizzard, it is hard being the parent of grown children with their own kids. I have to keep my mouth shut too and believe me it is HARD! One of my daughters has gone inactive and I worry about my grandkids... Boy, you get up early! I suppose you are a morning person. I am more of a night person.

K - Glad you and your wife take time alone together. ALL husbands and wives need that. We have our Saturday night dates, even now with the children grown and gone. Hope you and your wife enjoy your trip. Don't forget to tell us all about it.

11:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
»

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home