Friday, January 20, 2006

A Note on Teenage Accomplishment

The Teenager threw down a 2:39.08 run in the 200 yd. Individual Medley yesterday to finish 6th in the regional swimming meet and put herself in the running for a berth at the state swimming finals. There could not be a happier stepfather in all the land. I am on Cloud Nine.

As a high school athlete, I participated in both golf and basketball and was successful at both but I have never been more jazzed about anything than I am about my Teenager accomplishing this. She has just plugged along all year and things are starting to come together for her now. I know it is because of her hard work and her great attitude. Congrats to you, Teenager. You deserve it.

8 Comments:

Blogger Le laquet said...

*waves flags * CONGRATULATIONS! Hard work does pay!

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The time she posted was 6 or 7 seconds faster than her previous best. I jokingly told her that they would probably have to drug test her for steroid use, beating her best time by that much. Syd is such an obedient person, her maternal grandfather and I told her it was okay to beat people in races. It was okay to have the eye of the tiger in competition, so we are taking total credit for her improvement. She is just starting to understand her abilities and as a proud grandfather, I say that they are many......Congrats Syd...........

10:09 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Congrats to the Teenager!

10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As a fellow swimmer and stater in the individual medley relay, I offer up my congratulations to the Teenager.

Just curious, what leg did she swim. I swam the backstroke.

12:52 AM  
Blogger John Cowart said...

Great news for Teenager! Getting ready for the Olympics?

5:05 AM  
Blogger Hot Mom said...

An update on the Teenager. Day 2 of the meet brought another personal best in the 100 yd backstroke. She finished that race with another 6th place in the region, earning 26 points for her team.

Travis she swam the whole 200IM, no relay, although she has been known to swim the backstroke leg in the relay.

9:18 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Wow! I'm am so proud of the teenager (Syd)...I'm sure it helps her self-esteem. Keep encouraging her to do her best. All the work she has put in is starting to show. Way to go, girl!

1:11 PM  
Blogger Anita said...

WOW! I just took up swimming in the past year, and the best I can do for 100 meters is 2:20. Pathetic I know, but I cannot imagine doing 200 yards at that rate of speed with different strokes. How fabulous!!!!

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home