Tuesday, December 06, 2005

A Note on Compliance

Apparently, around the castle here, I am not allowed to be the Scrooge that I so desperately want to be. To note, yesterday I officially hung all the Christmas lights on the shrubs and trees in our front yard. Do you hear that, Wizard?

Then, if that wasn't enough Christmas cheer, I made the dough for the gingerbread cookies. Now decorating was a chore far above my capabilities but I did manage to help the decorators devour a few mutant cookies that probably wouldn't have made the final cut, anyway.

It was quite a production. Touchdown had icing from head to toe. The wife actually donned an apron (my apron) and attempted some baking. A rolling pin even came out of hibernation. The teenager was flummoxed however when one of her decorated little gems jumped out of her hand and did a face plant on the tray. She had to eat it.

Today, the Wizard comes over to watch the kids for a little bit, and I am interested to know just what he will top me with. Christmas chocolates? Carols? Santa impressions? Bring it on, old man. I am just getting into the swing of things over here.

Trivia question for you to gnaw on for a while. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Uhhhhh, are you trying to impersonate the QOTD over here? What's up with all the questions dude?

Three, everyone knows it only take three licks because the owl only took three licks and then he bit the sucker.

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I receiving a direct challenge from the King. I do believe that is what I am hearing. Here goes, King, I have lost 6 lbs since my little health problem. I am riding a stationary bike for 15 minutes a day, and I am lifting 8 lbs barbells 100 times a day. I plan on losing another 5 lbs during the holidays. Do you hear that O King. During the Holidays, all the experts say that I shouldn't try that, but here I go. Do you accept the challenge O King.............

7:55 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Grandpa...I'll accept the challange AFTER the holidays. I know, it's just going to be more weight to lose, but I love those ginger bread cookies too much. I do have a really good recipe.

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My wife and I loved to watch the reality show, "The biggest Loser". It was truly amazing how much weight they lost. I worry that it might cause serious damage to some of the participants. I can see the commitment to lose weight during the Holidays is not being met with a lot of enthusiasm. BSTS your enticement with fudge is not nice. Lucy, post the recipe and I will have some after the holidays. Meanwhile, O King, your silence is met with scorn and a feeling of "I thought so". Plus when I came over I thought of another chore I could do for you. The inside of your car is a mess, I can come over and clean it Christmas Day.........Just kidding

3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home