Saturday, December 03, 2005

A Note on Scrooge

I'm not a Scrooge. I really am not a Scrooge. Despite the fact that I am against decorating the outside of our house with any Christmas decorations and the fact that I despise setting up the Christmas Tree. I am not a Scrooge.

Now I am a bit of a lazy bum, which the Wizard will attest to as he came to my house this afternoon and trimmed the tree that hangs over our front sidewalk and replaced the lightbulbs in the light fixtures. I am not, however, a Scrooge.

I attended the Dicken's Festival here in Saint George and thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of it, so I am not a Scrooge. I tied the bow and put it atop the tree, so I am not a Scrooge.

Please help me not be a Scrooge...

9 Comments:

Blogger scrappintwinmom said...

I'm trying not to be a Scrooge either. I debated whether or not to put the tree up but forced myself. BAH Humbug. Here via Michele today!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Anita said...

Of course you aren't a Scrooge!! Just because decorating is a pain in the arse doesn't mean a thing.
Decorating is a very overrated part of the holidays. I focus on FOOD! My favorite part by far . . .

4:02 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

My hubby DVR'd about 6 hours worth of christmas specials to try to put me in the christmas spirit. (eye-rolling)

I am not lazy, but I am a scrooge. Embrace it!!!!!! I am.

(are you kidding me? The Wizard had to change your lightbulbs????)

7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with anita

7:44 AM  
Blogger Organic Gardening Girl Gardens said...

Keep repeating it over and over and soon it will come true! NaNoWriMoWiKi sounds great to me. Hmmm, do ya think baby boy will still have 3 poopies a day next year? eek, i hope not!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Decorating & undecorating is a lot of work! I find that Christmas music and alcohol can help though... There's a lot of work that goes along with the joy of the season! You're not a Scrooge...

10:01 AM  
Blogger Hot Mom said...

Well Scrooge, there is one final piece of decorating that needs to go up. Your whole Scrooge or not is yet to be determined. Will there be outside lights this year? I will keep you all posted.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Hot Mom said...

The lights are up, the lights are up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will the King participate in cookie decorating tonight? I am not talking about eating either.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

Hey the wife got you to put the lights up ~ well done to her I say!! Did you then decorate and eat all the cookies ... this kind of behaviour doesn't sound scrooge-y to me!

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home