Wednesday, December 14, 2005

A Note on the Weigh-In

"Its going to be pounds lost not percentage of total weight."

This coming from the Wizard after the weigh-in on the 12th. As for the weigh-in amounts...let's just say that the King was a lot and the Wizard was slightly more than a lot so the idea of the bet is well founded. The problem that we have is determining a payoff, so I need the help of the citizenry here at WilkeWorld to help in determining the payoff for the bet.

What should the bet be between the Wizard and the King?

Now, let me give some parameters. Both the Wizard and the King are overweight, so the winner shouldn't get anything like a poundcake, although making the Wizard eat a fruitcake should he lose does have a certain merit to it. Be creative people. I will ultimately let Lucy Stern decide the terms of the bet here in this forum, but I urge her to consider all of the suggestions carefully before she makes her final determination.

On a slightly different topic. I was almost ran over yesterday by about five people talking on their cell phones while driving. I am about to lose my mind with this cell phone etiquette. I urge all of you to put the cell phones down. Please!

Carry on...

9 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Stern said...

OK everyone lets come up with some creative ideas for the "prize"....Should there be a time period? Say, six months? Will Grandpa Jones be able to wear that Speedo in June? How about K? This could get interesting.

9:20 AM  
Blogger kmsqrd said...

Oh, I don't know that the winner should get anything, but I do think the looser should have to wear a pink sparkily tu-tu in public to a large family function.

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should have done this a long time ago. If you talk about motivation, speedo, pink sparkily tu-tu. I am feeling alittle uneasy about the prizes. But highly motivated. Let it be known that the King ate a huge meal and drank a gallon of liquid just before the weigh-in. I am feeling that there should be a penalty of -
- 5 lbs for trying to tip the scales in his favor. How many of you watched the reality show "The Biggest Loser" it has been my motivation to even think about doing this. If anyone else wants to enter, your weight must be attested to by a Notory Public and signed off by them. Just after two days I have lost 2 lbs.

9:55 AM  
Blogger Cool Dad said...

I am not sure but I think the Wizard had Touchdown on his back during the weigh-in. I am not entirely sure, but I am convinced there will be an enquiry if the Wizard loses a quick thirty pounds.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Don't worry Grandpa and K, I won't make you wear a speedo or a pink tutu... I would like to remain friends with "the wife" and Grandma. Anyone else with an idea. BSTS slave idea sounds good.

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My money is on the King. Sorry wizard, I just have to go with younger and hopefully bigger metabolism.

And as you are both (one maybe more than the other) into race horses. The prize should have something to do with that. Maybe the loser buys the winner a race horse. If that's too big of a prize than maybe a ticket to a great race.

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Travis, welcome back, I like your prize very much. Lucy take a good hard look at this prize. I am more motivate, Travis, The king will be diligent for about 5 days then it all goes apart for him.....

5:34 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Did you both remember to expell all the air out of your body during the weigh in? Wrestler's apparently do this, not sure how much of a difference it makes. Hubby gets an eyeroll from me when he does it.

I can't believe I forgot ... or perhaps I wasn't invited to the party (?????) ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOM!!!! What did you get? And a Happy Birthday to The Wife too.

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just obtained some news concerning the King and his committment to the contest. Where as the Wizard went and bought a bike and paid a goodly sum, the King went and rented his bike. Does it sound as if his committment is waning. Come on oh King make a finacial commitment here.....

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home