Sunday, June 12, 2005

A Note on the Last Days

"...before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD...he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers..." Malachi 4:5-6

Well, pack your bags and get ready for the fireworks, cause if this morning is any indication, I think the great and dreadful day is imminent.

Yep, in fulfillment of the prophecy, my two-year-old put me in time-out this morning. She caught me doing something wrong, directed me to the time-out chair, and then went in and started the timer on her Little Tykes oven. In our house, its one minute for every year so...you do the math. I sat there for a while.

My crime--tickling. Apparently it is against the rules of the household to tickle a two-year-old when she is not properly equipped with a diaper, pull-up, or other absorbent apparatus. This rule was established in the Infamous Grandpa Jones Incident earlier this week. After my punishment we had to discuss it and apologize and give each other hugs. It was all resolved and I am now very remorseful and repentent.

Now if I could just get her to send me to bed early.

7 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I've been a timeout before too ... for flushing Zoe's pee down the toilet at a pizza restaurant. Good Lord the ENTIRE place knew about it due to the fact she was BAWLING, and going on and on and on. What could I do? I mean I can't bring the pee back from the potty!!! Finally, Hubby pulled her aside and when they came back I was put in a timeout. And then dinner was served, and I ate in peace for about 2 minutes, until Hubby realized he had to cut her food. Ahhh, that timeout was a vacation all right. :-)

8:12 PM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

LMAO! Oh and how did the chat go afterwards? I use timeouts in school, to diffuse situations, to give children the necessary "calm down" time - maybe I could put myself there this afternoon if/when it all gets too much!! Lovely post!

10:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some call them Indigo Children...lucky you! LOL!!!
silvers mom

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you!

I think the greatest thing, and the hardest thing, we dads can do for our kids is to apologize to them when we’re wrong.

When we are real, they never forget it.

p.s.: last night I finally learned how to post a photo and added the very first one (me, naturally) to my blog. Then I went hog wild with the software!!

10:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From the time my oldest could talk I have been in trouble often. i think it's great when they start to realize the rules on their own...not so great when we get caught breaking out own rules! Sounds like you have a very smart (and beautiful!) little girl!

5:09 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I love that little girl with her milk mustache. Take care of her and give her all you love. One day you can teach her the real meaning of that scripture. Her wonderful grandpa can help her.

10:02 PM  
Blogger Peggy Snow Cahill said...

Such a great post! And a wonderful blog! I'm glad you commented on mine, or I wouldn't have known about yours, thanks! I really needed some chuckles today, and am truly grateful.

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home