Saturday, May 21, 2005

A List of My Favorite Songs

Indigo, a blog friend, just now tagged me for a meme. Well, you all know how I feel about memes, but I have not yet addressed the topic of music on this blog yet, so I felt that now would be a good time to do so. Indigo, I hope this will suffice.

I now present the WilkeWorld playlist:

1. It's My Life--Talk Talk. I know that No Doubt remade this song recently, but I still prefer the original. I also dig the original video that includes numerable pictures of random animals. It fits right in here at WilkeWorld because, well, I say it does.

2. The Devil Went Down to Georgia--The Charlie Daniels Band. You can never have too many dueling banjos. Here at WilkeWorld, we like dueling banjos.

3. Djobi, Djoba--The Gypsy Kings. We are not without our culture here at WilkeWorld.

4. Ring Around the Rosie--The 2 yr. old version. Just because it brings a smile to my face.

5. Home, Home on the Range--Grandpa Jones version. It was the one song that I heard my father sing with gusto. It brings back loads of great memories.

6. I Hope You Dance--LeAnn Womack. I have my totally selfish reasons for including this here but it definitely belongs on the soundtrack.

7. Rock of Ages--Def Leppard. Because it rocks.

8. In The Mood--Glenn Miller Orchestra. Its just a classic and needs to be included, plus I am a bit of sucker for good horns.

9. Stand Down Margaret--English Beat. I know this is a political song, but I just think it is so smart and so musically addictive.

10. The Theme from the Bridge Over the River Kwai. One of my stepdaughters favorites and a favorite of mine as well. I think everyone pretty much likes it.

There you have it. The WilkeWorld playlist. My wife will be a bit disappointed that ABBA is not included and I have to say I am a bit torn up that the Carpenters didn't make it either. Oh, well.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I love that you put your own spin on it.... why didn't I think of that???

Ring Around The Rosie was a big hit in our house a few years ago, we played it every night before bed with Kid. After we'd play Duck Duck Goose, and the dogs would have to participate too.

6:25 AM  
Blogger Dana said...

You have some good tastes in music! I don't know of anyone else today that likes The Devil Went Down to Georgia! LOL, I also love Talk Talk, Def Leppard (Rock of Ages was my favorite), and old Grandpa Jones gospel songs.

10:30 PM  
Blogger Shaleen said...

I love The Devil Went Down to Georgia. It's one of those songs that I've got absolutely memorized. I, too, love the battling music.

12:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog you have. I have a site about banjo players in st louis. You can check it out at banjo players in st louis

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home