Wednesday, March 23, 2005

A Note on Sizzler

Before I begin, let me say that I am in no way endorsing Sizzler Restaurant with my comments in this blog, but if it helps to get a Sizzler to my hometown, then, yes, I am endorsing Sizzler.

That's right. My hometown and the surrounding area has no Sizzler. That would be okay and understandable if I lived in a tiny town, but I live in an area with nearly 130,000 residents. We've got a Chili's, an Outback, an Applebee's, two Denny's, every known fast food shack this side of the Mississippi, but we have no Sizzler. For heaven's sake, we live in a retirement community where fine dining is a Shoney's and we have no Sizzler.

I bring this up, because today my wife and I wanted a $7.00 steak and some shrimp and we just drove around perplexed and hungry. We actually came home and skipped the Panda Express and the Quizno's. We are now chowing on a homemade ham sandwich, but we could have had a tough 4 oz. sirloin and an overdone baked potato and been happy.

If anyone is listening, we need a Sizzler here. The old folks would pack the place between 4:00 and 6:00, and I could satisfy my desire for All-you-can-eat Shrimp at any hour. Please! Please!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You never cease to amaze me, you have all of those choices and you still are dissatisfied. I suppose if they had a sizzlers, you then would find another obscure restaurant to complain about. Why don't you go to a black angus, a famous Daves or some other well know place. Quit being so cheap and take your wife somewhere nice.

6:42 PM  
Blogger Cool Dad said...

Anonymous,
Between you and my wife I can't win. She was the one that wanted the Sizzler and you were the one that insisted that I treat her better. Now she is sitting here reading your comment agreeing that I should have treated her to the best steak in town. I am now going to IHOP to have pancakes and a shake. I am a fat man, I can eat anywhere and be happy.

8:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Going to Ihop will insure that you stay rotund. My comment was more to the issue, that Sizzlers usually have poor to medium Steaks, and some of the more famous have delicious steaks, cattle fed from corn in Nebraska. I am not a Sizzler advocate. I like a nice piece of meat, with a potato from Florida, and a glass of red wine.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Cool Dad said...

Anonymous,
I was with you until you mentioned the Florida potatoes. I am sure they are delicious and all, but as a native Idahoan, to suggest a Florida potato is superior to an Idaho russet is tantamount to heresy.

9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home