Monday, March 21, 2005

A Note on Canasta

Some people are just lucky and others are just skilled enough to make their own luck. I doubt if my wife and I are either, but after last night's canasta game, we may be planning our trip to Vegas.

My parents were the lambs at the slaughter and, despite their general good natured humor, they left at the end of the night on tenuous terms. We won three straight. I am not bragging, but we must be very good. Kudos to my wife for continually making canastas. I was proud to call her my partner. My parents will probably comment to this post with an alternate version of the night's proceedings, but I would characterize it as a complete domination. My amazing humility prevents me from gloating further.

Love ya, Mom and Dad.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You better believe, I am going to contradict the allegations that you are supreme canasta players. As you well know, anyone that receives 70% of the wild cards should win everytime. I am so surprized that your mother and I were able to come as close as we did on each occasions, when we were the beneficiary of the wild cards a mere 30% of the time. It showed tremendous skill and astute playing to stay that close with the luck you and Heidi were having. I am amazed that your "luck has lasted this long." but it will turn and you will realize that it is neither skill nor intelligence. It is just the luck of the draw. Until then we congratulate you and look forward to the rematch.

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought canasta was a game for nursing home residents, what are you doing playing this game. Your parents are probably old enough, but you sound young. Get a life. You will have time to join the Geritol gang soon enough.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Cool Dad said...

Hey, I humor the old folks, and for clarification sake, I have no life.

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home