Saturday, March 19, 2005

A Note on Toddler OCD

"Daddy, turn it around. Daddy, your hat, turn it around. It's on funny, turn it around."

My little girl got more and more vociferous as I ignored her pleas. The fact that my hat was put on backwards threw her into a tizzie. She thought it funny at first. Ha ha, Daddy's hat is on backwards, but when I didn't immediately turn it around she just lost it.

The little obsession shows up in other ways as well. If my shoelace is not properly and appropriately tied or the necktie I'm wearing is askew, my little one is just on my case. Of course, I blame the malady on my wife's genetic makeup as surely I had nothing to do with it. In fact, I wonder if it is really genetic at all, perhaps my little girl is just mimicking behavior she has observed in her mother and sister. You can bet I will keep an eye on this development.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home