Sunday, November 05, 2006

A Note on Tu-tus

So, the life and times here at the castle have been hectic to say the least.

The Teenager is completely boy crazy and is fixated on her appearance and hygiene to the Nth degree. To wit, I was driving her to school the other day when her mascara clumped on her eyelash. Instead of dealing with the situation with any kind of normal logic, she shuffled through her 18-lbs handbag and found a safety pin. She then opened the safety pin (making it infinitely less safe) and used the sharp end to break up the clump. I look over at her (while I'm driving) to see a needle millimeters from her eyeball. Good thing I didn't slam on the breaks. What was she thinking?

And then we go and let the Teenager drive!?!?

Yeah, we do.

Well, whenever I make a bold move or a dangerous move in the minivan, the Wife yells, "Hold on to your tu-tus, girls."

With that in mind, you will understand the following story.

The Teenager is constantly needling us (no pun intended) to allow her to drive now that she has her learner's permit, so the other day, the Wife relented and gave her the chance to drive. Knowing that her sister is no Mario Andretti just yet, little Touchdown curled up into a little ball in her car seat and said the following:

"Go ahead, Sis, and do your traffic thing, my tu-tus are all holded on to!"

Out of the mouths of babes.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So cute! You have great kids! I can't imagine using a safety pin open in a moving car on my eylashes! Yikes!

9:54 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Your little Touchdown is a little doll, she knows what is going on.

I feel for you buddy, I went thru that already with my kids and somehow we survived. Now we did not allow the kids to drive till they got their actual drivers liscense. They took drivers ed in school, got their liscense and then were allowed to practice with mom or dad in the car. When we felt that we could cut them loose, we allowed them to drive on their own. Bonnie was almost 17 when she started to drive and Jennifer was 17 1/2 before she started driving. William....that's a totally different store. All I can say is that Grey hairs were earned. Good luck!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

Lol @ Touchdown!

But the safety pin .... nooooooooo!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Very funny, that Touchdown.

I cringe at the safety pin... but then I was one to make my eyelashes more pronounced by dabbing a fingertip of wet soap on them. GASP! Would have been safer to just let me wear mascara!

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you always have such great stories.

8:52 AM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

How are you doing Mr J? Busy digging?

10:40 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I know you have been busy, but have a Happy Thanksgiving! You too Grandpa

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home