Sunday, November 19, 2006

A Note from the Test Pit

Okay, so I haven't been posting very often. That type of thing happens when you are on a dig. To give you all an update, I have been having a great time excavating Anasazi ruins in the middle of the sand. I have excavated a small firepit/hearth and we are in the process of unearthing a possible pithouse in one of the test trenches. I know that sounds boring to the Wife, but it is a lot of fun for me.

As for the Wife, I have an annoying story to tell. The Wife took the Teenager, the Teenager's best friend, Touchdown and Indy all to Salt Lake this weekend so the Teenager could see her high school football team play in the State Championship (they lost). The trip was uneventful but wholly exhausting, and, yesterday when the whole crew arrived back in town, I could see that the Wife was worn down and needed my help. Well, we went to a church luau without the kids and then went to the grocery store to load up on essentials for next few days. The Wife stayed in the car while I went in and I decided that I would give her a little surprise. She loves the author, Janet Evanovich, so I thought I would get her Janet's new book called "Thanksgiving" for a special gift. I figured she could read it in the tub as she was soaking (she likes that kind of thing). I was looking forward to her reaction to my little gift when I plopped the grocery bag on her lap. I told her I got her a little surprise and awaited my coronation as "Husband of the Year".

The response: "Oh, that is so thoughtful, but I read this book this weekend on my trip."

A guy just can't win.

4 Comments:

Blogger John Cowart said...

Your work sounds so exciting; the book thing sounds so typical.

5:28 PM  
Blogger Jedora Rules said...

Do you still have the receipt? Sporting News College B-ball review is out!!

8:05 AM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

Hey hey hey concentrate on the positive ~ that was so thoughtful and not the but bit at the end! And a firepit and a pithouse ... wow! You musct be in fits down there!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I've been to Mesa Verde three times and I loved it every time. I think the Indians that lived here before us were very resourceful... Good luck on your dig.

I hope you and the family have a Happy Thanksgiving. Are you going to take the treck into SLC to see the lights on Temple Square? I would love to see them just once....It would be awesome.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home