Friday, July 14, 2006

A Note on Water Glyphs

I don't want to sound like an archaeology snob, but I went out yesterday on the second field day of my career and found some fun things. We stumbled across a perfect arrowhead and then we discovered what they are calling a water glyph. It is talked about in some detail here, but there is really little consensus on what they mean. It is really a fascinating little anomoly and one that warrants some study.

As for the family, the Wife is doing fine and she has us attending a play tomorrow at Tuacahn. So, we shall be sitting at an outdoor theater in 95 degree temperatures watching "South Pacific" tomorrow at about 8:30. Wish me good luck.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just had a thought about all of the changes that have come into your life recently. I believe it will be a good thing for all of us. You should have less time to blog about the bathroom routines of touchdown, and little Indy. Please work hard so that they will continue to offer you employment and spare us all of the potty training stories. Then it dawned on me, now you will start blogging about water Glyphs, and pre-historic juvenile delinquent behavior. We can't win.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Now Grandpa, Lets be positive here.

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucy, I am so glad for Tom, and his new job. I like to tease, and kid with him, I believe he knows this is all in fun.......But, if him taking this new job equates to me tending the grandkids more, I want to be a part of that discussion.......

10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a theory....

I just came to me after the many recent posts by G.Pa Jones.

I think the G.Pa Jones and K are the same person. K is using his wonderful fathers good name to be a heckler in order to increase readership at his blog. I can't believe that after a year and a half as a loyal reader that it took me this long to finally figure it out.

6:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kudo's to you Travis, you have figured it out. I'm hoping many of my followers won't read your reply and the deception can continue.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Cool Dad said...

Oh, Travis, if only the deception was real. But, alas, the only real thing here is the heckling that goes on and on. And, no, I don't want to be Grandpa Jones. I couldn't take the constant losing in Canasta.

3:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home