Saturday, June 24, 2006

A Note on Dora and Touchdown

Overheard this past week while my sister and her children have been visiting the Wizard.

My Sister (upon entering the play room and seeing Dora, my niece, and Touchdown squatting over two ice cream tubs filled with HotWheels): What in the world are you two doing in here?

5-yr. old Dora (with a look of innocence): We're poopin' cars.

Touchdown (with a giggle and a nod of her head): Yeah, Aunt J, we're poopin' cars.

My Sister: Well, okay, then.

Overheard this week as Dora and Touchdown had a sleepover at the Castle.

The Wife (upon discovering that both Dora and Touchdown are completely naked in Touchdown's room): What in the world are you two doing in here?

Dora (with a look of innocence): We're playin' naked house.

Touchdown (with a giggle and a nod of her head): Yeah, Mom, were playin' naked house.

The Wife: Well, okay, then.

I sometimes wonder what we are teaching here at the Castle.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Stopping by to say hello...

I would certainly not be concerned, well, until they are playing naked house with poopin' cars, that's when things become odd. Until then, everything seems normal to me. Of course, perhaps I am not the best judge of normal.

Why are you nodding in agreement?

8:50 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

And how often do you and the wife play "naked house". She must have learned it from somewhere. Grandpa, what's your take on this?

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always been of the opinion that our children behave directly like they have been taught, seen, or have had modeled for them. This might not bode well for the King and the wife. In a stretch of imagination I can see playing naked house, however seeing the King naked might be a distrubing sight. I am appalled at the other behavior. I ask, where oh where did they even come up with this. I know that the King will blame his visitor from Washington D.C. but I truly wonder.

4:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home