Friday, June 16, 2006

A List of Things Learned on the Road

With all of the travelling we have done over the last several weeks (D.C. and Salt Lake), I have had some revelations. Here is a quick primer on my revelations.

1. Touchdown can say something over and over at least 50 times and not get tired.
2. Shoes weigh a lot when you are walking through an airport.
3. Lost items do, in fact, sometimes make it to the Lost and Found.
4. The pilots on most planes pick the most inopportune times to talk on the intercom (at the precise moment that Indy goes to sleep)
5. People who smoke in non-smoking hotel rooms ought to be neutered.
6. The Wife does not handle pressure well.
7. Touchdown has lots of imaginary friends.
8. We (the Wife and I) are severely sleep-deprived.
9. The Teenager does not enjoy museums.
10. I am a Westerner through and through. (No mountains means confused and claustrophobic King)

5 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

I'm with the teenager ... I don't enjoy museums either.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

I'm with the teenager and Indigo, I prefer fresh air and therefore want ot kill anyone who smokes anywhere! Yeh I know I can't do that :o)

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... Seems to me that mountains are more likely to create claustrophia than to elimintate them. But I think I know what you mean. I was dazed and confused for my first couple of months in Korea. I still get my North and South mixed up when I think of the area.

11:31 PM  
Blogger Marie said...

Funny! I feel claustrophic (or at least land-locked) when I visit my sis in CO. Guess I'm an easterner! It is cool to have the mountains as a compass though. Teens and museums... I can vouch for that from memory!!

4:34 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

WE have no mountains in Houston. When Bonnie lived in Provo and worked in SLC, for a year, after her mission, she grew to love the mountains as a homing beacon. She actually knew where she was by looking at the mountains. She is now back in Houston and she misses the mountains.

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home