Sunday, June 11, 2006

A Note on the White House

Overheard while on the White House tour.

Naive American Tourist (pointing at a presidential portrait): "Excuse me, Mr. Secret Service Guy, whose portrait is that in the corner over there?"

Secret Service Guy (in very serious tone): "Sir, that is the presidential portrait of President Harrison Ford."

Naive American Tourist (nodding his head): "President Harrison Ford. Thanks so much. Honey, the guy said it is President Harrison Ford. I knew it."

The King looks over at Secret Service Guy to see wry, little smile creep onto his face.

The King (with admiration): "Nice one."

Secret Service Guy: "Thanks."

It's nice to know there is some levity in the White House.

7 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

Excellent! I thought the secret service were like the guards at Buckingham Palace. Good to hear they're not!!

6:18 PM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

Lol! Very funny :o)

10:29 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Who's picture was it?

6:17 AM  
Blogger Cool Dad said...

I didn't get a good look at it, but I think the guard eventually told the guy it was Harry S. Truman. It wasn't a really good portrait, however, although looking like Harrison Ford can't have been all that bad.

7:07 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

That is hilarious! Does Harrison Ford know his portrait is in the White House?

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It took me some time, to get the point of your blog. I didn't get the fact that Harrison Ford was not a president. With the character roles he plays, I assumed that he was........bring the grand kids over......since you are not very good at canasta anymore I want to play with the kids instead. The King actually got mad at the wife the other night, in what the king thought was a dumb move in canasta. Let me remind the king that he gave up the pile to his mother on several occasions. That is why we won.....

7:47 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Ha-ha-ha. I need to read more carefully. When I first read this post I thought you had written "NATIVE American Tourist." When I finished I thought, what was the point of mentioning his ethnicity? Then I re-read and noticed it said NAIVE. DUH! What a great story though.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home