Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A Note on Sheer Luck

Before my wife and I were married, she invested in a few companies. The investments have been both good and bad. One of the investments was a small little biofuel company called Green Star Products Inc. (GSPI.PK). Well, over the last several weeks the company jumped in value almost doubling its NAV due to a few contracts with the states of California and New York. We were pretty excited about its impressive rise to prominence and were contemplating purchasing a lot more shares.

Well, today their biofuel processing plant burned to the ground. So much for that whole idea. A lone tear now falls to the keyboard as I write.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Oh man, just your luck! My dad would say, "That's just the way the cookie crumbles." Maybe they had insurance...

2:58 PM  
Blogger Better Safe Than Sorry said...

are you kidding me???
we've got some stock, it's our emergency fund because we can never seem to scrap together even a few nickels. every so often i think we should cash it in on something, but we keep holding off. now i'm thinking maybe we should cash it in and distribute the wealth, who would ever think something like that would happen.

5:44 PM  
Blogger Anita said...

I hate when that happens!

8:51 AM  
Blogger DayByDay4-2Day said...

yikes! I'm trying to decide on what to do because my 401k is being closed and I have to reinvest it. Stocks are so iffy!

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home