Tuesday, February 21, 2006

A Note on Sheer Luck

Before my wife and I were married, she invested in a few companies. The investments have been both good and bad. One of the investments was a small little biofuel company called Green Star Products Inc. (GSPI.PK). Well, over the last several weeks the company jumped in value almost doubling its NAV due to a few contracts with the states of California and New York. We were pretty excited about its impressive rise to prominence and were contemplating purchasing a lot more shares.

Well, today their biofuel processing plant burned to the ground. So much for that whole idea. A lone tear now falls to the keyboard as I write.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Oh man, just your luck! My dad would say, "That's just the way the cookie crumbles." Maybe they had insurance...

2:58 PM  
Blogger Anita said...

I hate when that happens!

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yikes! I'm trying to decide on what to do because my 401k is being closed and I have to reinvest it. Stocks are so iffy!

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home