Sunday, October 09, 2005

A Note on Winning

I would really like to thank Indigo at the QOTD for her generosity in awarding the King the $205 million dollar Powerball lottery. I am generally against games of chance, but I had a good feeling on this one and chose my numbers wisely. I feel so lucky.

So, here's the deal. I need help deciding what to spend all the money on. I have a few things already picked out that will help the ambience here in WilkeWorld, but I need my cabinet to help out with the rest of the spending.

Here's what I have purchased so far.

$4 million dollar chateau in Blue Springs, Florida so that we can all go down and watch the sea cows in relative luxury.

$1 million dollars on a golf membership to Pebble Beach.

Better Safe Than Sorry's yellow chairs for all of us for our gardens. Total cost $874.

Lifetime supply of pull-ups for Touchdown (I wonder if she will ever master this potty training thing). Total cost $4800.

$12,000 hot tub for the Castle.

That's it so far folks. I need more suggestions. We still have just under $200 million to spend. Let me know what you'd like for your part of the Kingdom.

Oh, John Cowart has been needing a new dogcatcher van. Total cost $8500.

9 Comments:

Blogger HRH Courtney, Queen of Everything said...

Congratulations. Don't let your winnings go to your head.
Michele sent me.

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi here from Michele's

How about a nice big sailing ship?!

8:15 AM  
Blogger kmsqrd said...

Congrats on winning the lottery. The Offce of the Minority Whip definatly suggests some beverage coolers.

2:39 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I'd like Mini Coopers for all of us ... and for those who don't partake in the game of golf, can we just sit around the pool all day and be waited on my cabana boys?

6:00 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

How about a nice log cabin in the mountains of Colorado. (Or in Utah if you prefer) We could all take turns going there for a few weeks of vacation. We could also converge there for annual Wilkeworld meetings. The whole thing would be a tax write off. Baby and Touchdown would love the fresh air....Well, how about it? I'll bet even Grandpa Jones would like it.

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having thought many times what I would do if I won a lot of money, I have changed my position many times. This is what I think at this time of my life. I think you should take $100,000,000 set it up into a foundation. The Foundation would make stipends available to truly worthy receipents. Those receipents would be individuals that have worked hard all their life, they don't think the government owes them a living. They just need a boost to make ends meet, or to deal with a truly medical emergency. They could also receive a stipend to try to finance a dream they had but didn't have the capitol to start their project. In other words the Foundation would truly lighten the load of elgible people. We could invite them to the cabin in Utah.........Grandpa Jones

5:01 AM  
Blogger John Cowart said...

Does Rolls Royce make vans?
Blue is a nice color for it.
And a fox tail. I definately want a fox tail. Mag wheels with Ground Effects and a sound system that you can hear all the way from Blue Springs to Utah (It will drown out all those yapping dogs in back).

I anxiously await delivery.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

Congratulations on your winnings your majesty - as a member of your cabinet (postholder in Agriculture, fisheries and food!) .... I'd like a raise!

9:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm... If we are all to visit Florida and the new castle. Why not a private jet? You can buy a used one for just under a million dollars. But you might want to keep some money for hiring a pilot.

P.S. Sorry, I haven't been around for a while. Been busy moving (and geocaching).

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home