Wednesday, September 21, 2005

A Note to the Wizard on his 62nd

62 big years. Wow!

A huge happy birthday goes out to the Wizard on his 62nd birthday if I did my math correctly. Funny, cause Mom looks so young comparatively. My father was born on this day under some special conditions if I remember right. I will let him expound on that occasion if he deems it necessary, but needless to say he has lived a spectacular life to this point and I am very lucky son to have him as my father.

In honor of the oh so many candles on the birthday cake, I offer up this list of ten things about the Wizard.

1. He absolutely loves fish. Sit him down in a sushi bar and he will take it all the way to Tokyo.
2. He has a secret desire to be an interior designer.
3. He is particularly fond of high places.
4. He tires of people who constantly want to psychoanalyze others.
5. He loves to do the dishes in his house.
6. When he travels somewhere, he loves to go and see as much as he can. He won't rest for even a second.
7. He prefers to wait a good hour before eating dessert with his meals.
8. He is probably the best Canasta player I know.
9. He is not a morning person at all. He can sleep in like no other.
10. He really wants to start his own blog but he is afraid he will steal all my many readers.

Well, there it is. A list for the aged.
Love ya, Dad. You're the best and happy 62nd.

13 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Happy Birthday Grandpa Jones!!!

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you communicate in one of these blogs, you can manufacture a new idenity. People sometimes don't get a real good picture to the true personality one is. As by K's blog. Every one of his 10 items is just opposite than to what I am. However several of you thought he was right on......Thanks Indigo, for your well wishes. You have been a true blogger. I have had a good day, and I love my family and I think I have some of the finest people in the world within my family, and I hope you do too.......Gramps

5:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you had a great birthday, I look forward to all of the blogs where you add aged insight..

6:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would never have thought you were 62, your comments reflect a person half your age, may you have another 62 years with us....

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you put K in his place each blog....his wife appreciates all of your confrontation.....

7:02 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Happy birthday Grandpa Wizard!!!

I knew he was doing a 180 degree thing when I got to #3... ;-)

Have a wonderful day!!!

7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great guy!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

Welsh birthday wishes to the wizard - "Penblwydd Hapus iawn iawn i chi!!"

10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having time to read 1-10 I wish to clarify, 1. I hate fish 2. I think I am not creative enough. 3. I want to jump off, however I can think what the landing might be like. 4. 50% true I tire of those who think they do not need help. 5. I do the dishes 6. I hate to travel, for travel sake, but I like to go, get there, and get back. 7. Dessert is part of the meal why wait. 8. This is a true statement. 9. I wake up at 4:00 A.m. I get alot of reading done. 10. Why would I want a blog of my own, when I can use yours and make light of your comments. Love you K......

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Belated birthday wishes to The Wizard. Hey, just because I don't know him, doesn't mean I can't wish him well :)

8:26 PM  
Blogger Cool Dad said...

For those reading everything, Number 8 is totally ficticious. I never meant to write something so vicious and mean when it is obvious my wife is the best Canasta player I have ever met.

9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a short note, I hope all remember Lucy Stern and her family as the storm Rita hits the Houston area. I hope all goes well with you all.

5:01 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Happy Birthday Grandpa Jones, AKA the wizzard.... I'm getting up there too and I'm grateful for each and every birthday. You are lucky to have a family that loves you so much.

Thanks so much for thinking about me and my family and all Houstonians as we dodged the bullit with Hurricane Rita. There were many things that I learned from this experience. Check out my blog for a list of them.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home