Monday, October 10, 2005

A Note on Progress

I am still mulling over what to purchase with our $200 million, but in the meantime, I will share this little nugget.

Touchdown, as many of you are aware, has been trying dutifully to master the potty training thing. She has actually made some progress. This past weekend we purchased absorbent pink panties and she has taken a likening to them and does not want to poop or pee in them. It has been exhausting dragging her to the potty every thirty minutes, but she has done well and we are pleased.

That being said, on Friday after a successful morning of perfect pottying, little Touchdown had an accident. The Teenager and the Wife went in to find pee all over in the bathroom. It was especially concentrated right in front of the toilet and on the front of the bowl. They also noticed Touchdown soaked in pee with her panties down around her ankles. Both the Teenager and the Wife shouted in unison, "Touchdown what happened? Why didn't you go in the potty?"

Without missing a beat, Little Touchdown looked at them and casually replied, "I did go potty. Just like Daddy, standing up."

I am a good roll model.

6 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

That is really cute actually, but as a mother who'd be the one cleaning it up, I'd be freaking out over the fact that pee was all over the place!!!

I guess she needs to work on her aim.

You could spend a slice of your winnings on a cleaning service.

11:04 AM  
Blogger Organic Gardening Girl Gardens said...

Maybe you should consider sitting down? You know, just so she'll get the idea...hee hee.

1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

K.....I have noticed that 15 entries into you blog subjects have been about potty training. I thought it was interesting at first, but quite honestly I can't think of a solitary thing to comment on this time. I suggest you take some of the money you are trying to spend, and put it into a fund for counseling for little touchdown. After this episode is over she will need professional help. Put a little in there for family theraphy. As I get older and lose control of my bodily functions, If one comment is made on your blog site about my inability to go to the bathroom, you will be cut out of my will, and you will not get my book collections.........

4:14 PM  
Blogger Russ said...

Hi KJ. Visiting from Michele's site. I love the comment you made on "The course of true love...". I laughed my potty trained ass off.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

K... you need to tell here that there is a difference between boys and girls. Be patient with Touchdown. I think she is using her potty training as a tool to stir mom and dad up.

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks like someone is being a role model around here. Anyway, what's up with the $200 million? Did you win that in the lottery or something?

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home