Thursday, September 08, 2005

A Note on the Night Out

The wife and I and the whole family went out tonight and ventured to a little place called the Fiesta Fun Center. Our whole intent was to play a little miniature golf and get out of the house a little bit. I am here to report the findings of the evening. They are as follows.

1. You can apparently stuff an entire bull and carry it around in the back of your pickup truck. My wife was a tad perturbed at the sight but I told her to remember where we live.

2. Touchdown might just turn out to be a little golfer. She is not quite three but she hit the ball into every single hole. Don't think we didn't mention that her poopies should go into the hole in the toilet just like the golf ball goes into the hole. No pressure just a constructive suggestion.

3. I am still the king of WilkeWorld as I took both the miniature golf competition and the computerized road rally game in the arcade.

4. Skee-ball is an evil game that is worse than bowling. The wife took it to me twice in Skee-ball and managed to secure about double the amount of redeemable tickets. I can't for the life of me roll a wooden ball up a ramp. It is so frustrating.

5. Necklaces made of hard candy are evil as well. Not only did Touchdown elect to choose the candy necklace with her 38 tickets but she then licked the candy and dropped it promptly on the floor. That can't be sanitary can it. We employed the WilkeWorld five second rule and picked it up and washed it off, but I am not convinced she should still eat it.

6. Family activities rock. The teenager was smiling, Touchdown was elated, and Baby Indy was a farting machine, but because we were outside, none of us had to smell it.

7. We are now ready to host the Wizard and his lovely wife once again for Canasta now that we have placated the children. Bring it on, old man!

Oh, and the photo of me in the sea cow t-shirt is still being cropped and developed (Okay so we haven't taken it yet, but it will be posted. I promise.)

BTW--the Wizard's Birthday is creeping up on us (September 21st). He's been so busy with his horse races we haven't been able to harrass him properly yet. Don't worry, I'll get to it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kids always beat me at that golf thing; I never could get past the windmill.

5:00 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

I love skee ball!! Love it!!! Sounds like a great time. Hooray for smiling teens and gassy babies being outside!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

We have a place like that down here called Celebration Station. I love skee-ball too. I am very good at getting that ball up the ramp and into the hole.
Glad the family had a good time. PS, How old is the wizzard going to be?

1:11 PM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

Skee ball sounds frustrating but I love mini-golf! The whole stuffed bull in the back of the pick-up truck? That is weird! Living in the SE of England we get horses in lifts (elevators) in blocks of flats and on the backs of lorries .... see there's weirdness all over!

12:52 AM  
Blogger Anita said...

Sounds like a fabulous day. I'm impressed you had three happy children in one outing. I think my record is one happy child out of two . . .despite the fact that mini golfing is a staple in our household

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd have to say that I agree with you 100%. You might like this golf cart accessory golf site that I came across. Thanks again for your insight.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home