Thursday, August 25, 2005

A Note on Answered Prayers

I know I am going to hash this retelling, but I am entitled to a bit of creative license.

My nephew, we'll call him Alex, recently had a birthday and we got him a gift certificate to Target. He is now four years old and he is just getting into Star Wars, so he decided to use his gift certificate to buy five, count them, five Star Wars Action Figures. He was so excited but considering that he is only four, he soon lost one of the action figures.

Well, he searched high and low for the action figure and pestered his mom and dad endlessly as he was devastated and wanted them to help find it. From what I understand, it was quite the ordeal. Well, my sister decided to go the prayer route and suggested to Alex that he pray for help in finding his action hero. The prayer went something like this...

"Dear Heavenly Father, please help me find Super Duper Death Star Blower-Upper Dude. I really need Your help. I miss him."

Well, as you all must know, the action figure in question was soon found and order and peace was soon restored to the household. With such a miraculous turn of events, my sister suggested the following.

"Alex, don't you think you had better thank your Heavenly Father for helping you find your action figure?"

With a supremely serious face that belied his age, he looked straight into his mother's eyes and responded. "Mom, when I die, I will tell Him myself."

I am glad that all got worked out....

6 Comments:

Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Let him know that he needs to thank his Heavenly Father before he gets too old and forgets.
We prayed like that for our lost puppy once and we found him right around the corner. Heavenly Father hears even the smallest of prayers.

10:07 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Next time he loses one of those action figures, he's going to wish he'd said Thank You!

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kid-logic. Gotta love it.

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is a kid after my own heart! I love this story.

3:02 AM  
Blogger Le laquet said...

Fab - what can you say to that?

4:58 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Michele sent me, hello, I'm back .... and I'm so glad it worked out for your nephew. Aren't kids great? I hope he waits a looooooooooooong time to thank him in person.

p.s. the wavy blogger word indentification works great.

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home