Tuesday, August 16, 2005

A Note on the Siren of the Sea

Well, folks. I have good news regarding the adoption of the manatee. It appears as though I will be sending in $35 to adopt our manatee for here at WilkeWorld. Here's how the finances worked out for the adoption.

1. I, along with the teenager and the wife, entered a few projects into the Washington County Fair last week. I entered a photograph, a poem, and a story while the two lovely ladies entered photographs and scrapbook pages. It cost nothing to enter the fair and the agreement was that whatever money we garnered from any ribbons could be used as we saw fit.

2. Well, the judging went well as the girls garnered blue ribbons all the way around. I, on the other hand, struggled to get two red ribbons and a blue for my story. However, as luck would have it, my blue-ribbon story was crowned Grand Champion in the literary competition. I won the whole thing. Go figure.

3. The take was as follows:

The King:
Grand Champion Ribbon--$25
Blue Ribbon--$5
Red Ribbon(Poem)--$4
Red Ribbon(Photo)--$3

Total--$37
WilkeWorld Sea Cow Fund $-35
Total take for the K Jones Get Well Fund--$2

The Queen is now laughing at how foolish I am giving my money up to adopt a sea cow. She has no vision. I will post pictures of our sea cow when they arrive.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No one who adopts a sea cow can be called foolish!

1:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess I'd better get workin' on that layout then.... :-)

5:49 AM  
Blogger Organic Gardening Girl Gardens said...

Congrats on your win! Will you be posting your oh-so-awesome story somewhere??

8:53 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Which sea cow did we adopt?

Congratulations on your win!!

10:50 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Congrats!! Hope the mascot will be displayed proudly on your site for all visitors to admire!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Hope you post the story that you won with.

9:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moat, is correct for the water surrounding the castle, Mote is a small sliver of wood, King, imagine the Wizard giving out spelling suggestions, I am so proud of myself. I truly deserve the title of Wizard.

1:41 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

Gold star for the wizard!!

6:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home