Tuesday, August 09, 2005

A Note on Speedos

This will be a quick one as the king is down and out with a sinus infection.

Grandma and Grandpa Jones (aka The Wizard) are travelling to Northern Virginia this weekend to visit my sister and the grandkids in Alexandria. They are expected to spend quite a bit of time at the beach house that my sister rents every summer. Oh, they are so excited, but they have been advised to bring their swimming gear. A tough chore for the geriatric wizard and his fair wife, but Grandma seems to be doing fine rounding up all the necessary clothing.

The problem is that my sister has told them that they need swimsocks because the beach has lots of coral and she doesn't want them to hurt their feet. Grandma can't find those things anywhere so she went online and found that Speedo makes them so she ordered them.

Image Grandpa Jones' dismay upon reading the confirmation on his e-mail. He really thought his wife had bought him a Speedo swimming suit. He nearly had a heart attack.

Oh, what I would have paid to have been there to see that. Now introducing "Mr. Utah".

9 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

LOL! Do Wizards really go swimming? I thought they just stood around a pontificated?

4:56 PM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

I'm sure the wise wizard and his fair wife will bask under an umbrella on the beach and read. I can bet that will be the closest they will get to the water. If they go in I will be surprised. Who knows, maybe the wizard likes to fish.

5:23 PM  
Blogger Cool Dad said...

Better Safe...that trip to the optometrist is long overdue!

Indy...I am sure the wizard is looking through a dictionary as we speak trying to locate pontificate.

Lucy...the wise wizard better use an umbrella just to shield everyone from the glare.

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Wizard has been betrayed. Grandma Jones has e-mailed all of our family and friends and shared this story with them. It is quite a thing to have ones wife, ones first born, rush to the press to laugh at the failings of another. My first reaction was to tell stories about them in return, but I hold myself to a higher standard and I will not tell all that I know just to get a laugh from the people of WilkeWorld. As to understanding the word Pontificated, I suppose it has to do with Pontiff, but I am not sure I will have to THINK ABOUT THAT. As to basking under an umbrella, Lucy thank you for being so understanding, however, since none of my children inherited my sense of responsibility, I will worry every day about the grandchildren and I will be at the edge of the ocean, grabbing the children before they are washed out into the deep. Better safe than sorry, all that I will say, there was a day. King, I was almost 49 years old before I was as beefy as someone I know, I wouldn't make fun of me, when you are as guilty of the same thing. Genetics is a strange thing, look and then do something about it..........

3:10 AM  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Grandpa...I know what you mean. We went to the beach in June and I was on waters edge watching after my 3 1/2 yr. old grandson before my son-in-law got huffed and left. Then I sat under the umbrella and watched my nephews try to learn how to "boogie board". If I had fallen down that much you could have been coming to my funeral. Have a good time and don't worry about K...spreading the news about Grandpa in a Speedo. One of these days he will have children that do the same thing to him. Remember: What goes around, comes around. Have a good time and use lots of sunscreen.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Marie said...

A wizard on the beach?! Don't forget your camera, Grandpa & Grandma Jones! Enjoy your new socks...

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i gotta say, i was a bit worried it was gonna be you in the speedo when I saw the subject, but it turned out to be a fun story instead...
silvers mom

2:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure the Wizard would have won in his category.

Tell me more about Alchera Project, please?

10:30 PM  
Blogger dena said...

Curious about the coral beaches in Virginia...what beach would she be taking them to? I've never seen a coral beach anywhere near here..

visiting from Michele's and living on Virginia's ocean.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home