Tuesday, May 03, 2005

A Note on Short-term Memory Loss

I don't know if this happens to other people, but it happened to me this weekend.

I am taking my daily shower. Steam is engulfing the whole area. It feels delightful. No small children are disturbing me. I go through my little ritual. I lather up with soap and then I apply the shampoo and rinse. I then apply a small dollup of conditioner and again rinse. It feels wonderful. Then the thought goes through my mind. Did I wash my hair already? I'm not sure. I could risk not having washed my hair which means I would walk around with greasy hair or I could rewash. I decide to wash again. I apply the shampoo and rinse. I then apply a small dollup of conditioner when I realize that the conditioner has already been used. I have used it already.

I washed my hair twice.

My wife walks in and asks me what the problem is. I don't tell her. She doesn't need to know she is married to an idiot.

4 Comments:

Blogger Chris from the Amateur Traveler said...

I can relate. But for me i think the issue is not short term memoery loss, but sleep deprivation. When I know where I am, then it is time to stop showering. "Hey I am in the shower... I must be done".

Chris
http://chris2x.com

11:33 PM  
Blogger kmsqrd said...

I do it all the time, and have no excuse - good or otherwise. When I forget, I just start the process all over again and pray the hot water holds out.

6:12 AM  
Blogger Cool Dad said...

Chris--it is a case of sleep deprivation for me also. A week-old baby makes for little sleep.

Kmsqrd--the hot water is amazing here. I'm usually fine if I want to barbecue in there as well.

6:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a hard time with these responses, It sounds as if these men are so picked on. It sounds that the sleep deprivation from their new borns is responsible for all of their problems. I once again say look at your time of entry into the blog. Chris is at 11:33 pm and Kmsqrd is at 6:12 am and K. Jones is at 6:30 am, I have noticed alot of K. Jones' blog entries are at 12.10 am. Get a life brothers and go to bed at a reasonable time and then you will enjoy the showers, feel invigorated by the experience and not wondering if you did or did not. I hope the children wake up early one of these days.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home