Wednesday, May 04, 2005

A Note on Late Nights with Baby Indy

So here it is, midnight, and its just me and Baby Indy hanging out watching the Dodgers lose to the Nationals. Yeah, that's right Grandpa Jones, check the time at the bottom of this blog entry. I am awake tending Baby Indy and the girls are all fast asleep.

Now for some housekeeping:

WilkeWorld is officially backing two Kentucky Derby entries--Wilko and Buzzard's Bay. We like Wilko because his name fits here in the World and we especially like Buzzard's Bay because his trainer is a local guy from here in Southern Utah and we have to root for the hometown guy. That and the fact that he drew the outside post. Just our luck.

We are hoping that Bellamy Road does not win the Derby. I just don't like George Steinbrenner and his win at any cost philosophy. Interesting note: Bellamy Road--Babe Ruth--coincidence that they share the same initials. I think not.

Grandma Jones' Birthday just passed this past weekend. Happy B-day, Mom. The wife and I gave her a new grandkid and a griddle for her big birthday. I'd say we did okay.

As for Grandpa Jones, he's been a little under the weather this week so we're hoping he's feeling much better this coming week. We've got little ones to pawn off on him.

Lastly, a quick reminder to remember your mothers this week and treat them like the queens that they are.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Late night, whats the big deal about 10:30 p.m. K. Jones, when you were a newborn, it was 2:00 A.m. and we were driving around Baldwin Park, the car motion seemed to settle you down. I am not going to call any more to see if I can tend Riley, I have offered for two weeks and I take second fiddle to aunt holley, It seems interesting that aunt holley is gone, now you come begging. Even I have my pride. Your little boy is a handsome one. Your wife looks good as well.

4:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to say. Uncle Lindsay came, we played canasta until 1:00 a.m. and here I am at 4.52 a.m. checking the correctness of your blogs. It dawned on me, I don't have a very exciting life. Maybe I will go out and feed the horses, that seems to put a good start to the day.

4:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home