Monday, March 28, 2005

A Note on the Things I Love

In an attempt to contribute to a wonderful little writing project that I just found called the Alchera Project, I am writing this entry about all the things I love. Most of the items are self explanatory, but should the item need an explanation, one will be provided. On occasion I tried to get extra credit with some alliteration.

I love....

Ancient American Archaeology and The Amazing Race
Birdwatching and Bay Area Basketball (The Golden State Warriors)
Canasta and Classic Rock
Dr. Pepper and Dogs
Ethnographies and Ek Balam--the latter is a Mayan site in Central Yucatan
Food and Family History
Geocaching and Golf
Horse Racing and Hemingway
I Love You's and Idaho (My home state)
Jaguars (the cars not the animals) and Jello Cake
Kids and Kismet--my wife made me put kismet because of the way we met
Los Angeles Dodgers and La-Z-Boy loungers
Mascots and March Madness--both are basketball related terms
Nickels and Novel Writing
Oxkintok and Odes--the former is another Maya site and the latter goes with Grecian Urns
Photography and Paraguay
Quixote and quinellas--I speak Spanish and I don't handicap well enough for exactas
Rock Art and Rules
Snorkelling and Snickers (the candy bar not the reactions to my entries)
Tahiti and Turquoise
USA and Underdogs--appropriate given the 25th anniversary of the Miracle on Ice
Vacations and Vanilla
Wilkie Collins and Wife--first thing my wife asked me was if she was included
X's and O's and Xerigraphic landscaping--hey, its X
Yesteryear and Youth
Zoos and Zeroes--particularly at the end of my paychecks

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Amazing Race too. Too bad I didn't get the VCR set before I left for work tonight. Now, I have to hunt down a copy....

I also love to hate Rob and Amber. Right now I am cheering for Ron and Kelly, but I don't have much hope for them.

11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is interesting to note that you conservative, Mormon's, find these high adventure shows so intriguing. You men must get a life, perhaps you need to go to the DI and serve your fellow man better, than watch these scanty clad tv reality shows. Shame on you.

1:52 AM  
Blogger Cool Dad said...

The Amazing Race rocks. I am hoping for Uchenna and Joyce to do well but I likewise see little hope for them. As for the scantily clad nature of the Amazing Race, I am all a-tingle at the site of Gretchen, the 65-yr-old hottie, sleekly sauntering through the Kalahari.

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps anonymous needs to watch the show before he/she criticizes it. This is not Fear Factor, or Survivor. The AR is not about what the people are wearing (in the AR they usually are well dressed), it is about working as a team of two to get the finish.

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose when the mormon church adheres to such a strick code of ethics, you members have to get your jolly's some how. In the JW church we don't fill our minds with such trivia. I'm sure you probably watch desperate housewives as a good example of what not to do. Have a good day.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Cool Dad said...

Anon,
Why the contentious attitude? I appreciate the support for the site and I have tried really hard to have the site be about community and good feelings (yeah, I have a sarcasm that seeps through every once in a while, but thats who I am). Lets keep everything respectful and pleasant. Yes, I am religious, and the site sometimes speaks to that religiousity, but I hope it never denigrates anyone's religious sensibilities.

12:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said, I was wrong to insinuate that your blog site was anything but in good taste. I had a bad day and wasn't thinking clearly. Good luck, I love to read your thought about daily life and will be more light about my thoughts.

12:27 PM  
Blogger Cool Dad said...

Water off the back.

Your comments are always welcome, Anon.

2:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home